Find and sell New York tickets here

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jacksonmelnick

Looking for two tickets

Postby jacksonmelnick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:12 pm

Hello fellow Cohen fans,

I just found this site a week or so ago while looking for Beacon tickets, and have been contacting some people. However, if anyone has two tickets to sell at face or just above face value I would be most appreciative. I am 14 years old and it is truly my dream to see Leonard. I wish to continue spreading Leonard Cohen's music throughout my generation and future generations because it has such a power to it.
I know how much I love hearing my Dad tell stories of seeing great musicians live, and I want nothing more than to be able to tell my grandkids "
I saw leonard cohen at the beacon theatre in 2009, here is a cd, take a listen", and I also want to experience a fantastic show.

So......if you have two tickets you don't need...........

jackson melnick
lakey

Re: Find and sell New York tickets here

Postby lakey » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:43 pm

hi lizzie-
some friends of mine saw leonard cohen in france a while ago. they said he was great!!
i come every onfe in a while to visit my parents... so i thought hey, this is an opportunity... well, here i am writing on the forum and no tickets in my pocket.

hi don- looking for someone to sell your tickets to? contact me... please....!?! :)
lakey@eindor.org.il
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:02 am

Hi Lakey ~

I SURE hope you're able to get some tickets! I got the impression that Don had already connected with the intended recipients, but just in case not... don't wait for him to email you; PM and email him, via his posting and his profile, respectively.

I hope, too, that Jackson Melnick, the 14-year-old boy, gets a couple tickets! If only I were a millionaire, I'd be a philanthropic one.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
don

Postby don » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Yes, Lizzie. Jackson Melnik and his father Richard get the tickets. I phoned them yesterday in Colorado. What a remarkable young man! He hosts a web-based radio program on Sundays from 2-4 PM Mountain Standard Time. Log into it at http://www.KBUT.org.

Jackson also plays guitar and his repetoire includes many Cohen songs, as well as Dylan. Hopefully we'll get the Melniks out the Krakow in 2010, and he'll join in on the all-night jam sessions.

Jackson's father saw Leonard Cohen at the Beacon Theatre 20 years ago, and is delighted to be able to take his son to the same venue. Those of you who are lucky enough to go to the show, please watch out for them and introduce yourselves.
d.
Don Cummer
Ottawa, Canada/Dublin, Ireland
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi Don,

What absolutely fabulous news for Jackson and his father! :D :D :D :D What a treat it will be for "Dad" to return to the Beacon and once again see Leonard and what great experience for Jackson. He seemed like quite a young man simply by reading his post but now he seems quite amazing and talented! Also very discerning in his choice of music and artists ;-) . I, for one, will keep an eye out for them. It would be a pleasure to meet them both!

So sorry that you were not able to make it to New York, but you did a WONDERFUL thing!

Best regards,
Diana
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:53 pm

That's awesome, Don :D . I'm so glad to hear that you took the initiative to contact him/them. You have great taste in recipients. Such unanticipated surprizes, all that you learned when you did 8) ! It brings me full-face with memories of our young and delightful Suzanne singing on the bus and in the late-night gathering in Berlin.

Jackson brings so incredibly much to the table and promises to take so much away to share with others; and a precision-made walk down memory lane for his Dad.

Perfect outcome, all things considered. I'm sorry that you and your wife can't come; but thanks for letting us know how your loss was their and our gain. Thanks, too, for the link to his program 8) . Embracing New York... and c'mon, Cracow!

~ Lizzie
~ Oscar Wilde
don

Postby don » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Geeze, Lizzy. You've got me married! Me and my wife? After I find out whom I'm married to, I'll have to break her the bad news that she can't come to NYC.
d. ;-)
Don Cummer
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:29 pm

What!?! Oh, dear :lol: ... after seeing you come to the Events alone, there was one something-or-other where you were to or did come with a woman. Somehow, she became to me your wife... who'd previously been unable or unwilling to attend the other events. I never thought to clarify. Non-Cohen husbands/wives stay at home regularly enough that I didn't think anything of it. And with new-approach name differences even in marriage, I had you of that status for, oh, you seem the stable type, at least 20 years :) .

Please break it to her easy, will ya? ;-)

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
sharong

Postby sharong » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Just for the record, I was outta town for the presale without a computer.. UGH...my first vacation in 7 years and tickets went on sale. I check in with ticketmaster daily, went to visit the Box Office at the Garden and will stop in again. Have been a long time Leonard Cohen fan and have NEVER seen him perform.

So I am still hoping for one ticket. I live in NYC so access or going last minute is never a problem...

getting a ticket seems to be the problem.....

unless.... unless.....
listeningsincebirth

Postby listeningsincebirth » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Hey, all. I'm 18, going to school in Connecticut. I grew up listening to my parent's cassette of The Future on long drives; Leonard's music has been the soundtrack of just about everything I've done since then. I can't believe he's playing so close to me, and know how unlikely it is, but if anyone has an extra ticket to sell, there wouldn't be words to express what it would mean to me. If I don't get one, I'm planning to take the train in anyway, and pray for scalpers. In other words, I love the man and his music. Here's hoping to see you all at the show.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi Sharong and Listeningsincebirth ~

I sure hope you're both able to get tickets. It seems there may be some touters hanging around willing to make a deal. If all else fails for this time around, I hope you'll both come to the post-gathering and meet us.

What wretched luck, Sharong :shock: :cry: .

It's great that you're just going to come on, anyway, Listening 8) .
Welcome to the Forum to you both.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
kayfhumphreys

Postby kayfhumphreys » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:52 am

looking for 1, 2 or 3 Leonard Cohen tickets for NYC at Beacon, any location. Thanks..........
yourih

Postby yourih » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi,
Like all of you here, I am a big fan of Leonard Cohen, one of the last real poets in the US songwriting history.
I am desperately looking for 1 ticket for the 19th. I cannot pay the scalpers crazy price, but am ready to pay the original price of the ticket with a reasonable addition.
Please email me at yourih@bluewin.ch if you have a ticket to sell..
Thanks in advance.
spatialelement

Postby spatialelement » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 pm

As the date quickly approaches, still seeking one ticket for show......
even last minute is fine. Thank you!
don

Postby don » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:37 pm

Just sent two tickets off to Jackson Melnick and his father Richard. These tickets include the VIP reception, so everyone be on the lookout for the Melnicks. They shouldn't be hard to miss: don't think there will be too many other 14-year-olds.

There's still a faint hope that I may be able to come to NYC after all. Hope to see you all there.
d.
Don Cummer

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”