Thank You Jarkko!

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Dumbjaw

Re: Thank You Jarkko!

Postby Dumbjaw » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:06 pm

I am incredibly grateful to Jarkko. Now I wish I had participated more here over the years as I have a VIP pass but won't really know anybody. While I'm a very active Cohen fan, I'm not very active here. Perhaps this show will change that for me. I can't wait to meet everybody! I'm taking my girlfriend along as well. She is only slightly exposed to Leonard's work but has enjoyed everything I've played for her, and she's very excited to be a part of this with me - she knows what it means to me.
amcgee

Postby amcgee » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Thank you Jarkko for such a wonderfull and informative forum,

Its a great forum for information, reports and opinion on the great man

long may it continue.

I hope Leonard Cohen, gives you a warm handshake in New York and thanks you personally for your part in his ressurection

thanks
amcgee :)
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:55 am

. . . but won't really know anybody. While I'm a very active Cohen fan, I'm not very active here. Perhaps this show will change that for me. I can't wait to meet everybody!

It won't take long, Dj [Even though it's your own, chosen moniker, I just don't have the heart to call you "Dumbjaw" ;-) ... it just sounds so insultish].

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
imaginary friend

Postby imaginary friend » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Interesting thought, Partisan.

I tried and tried to get 2 tickets, both on Jan 14 and today, with no luck, so I for one WISH you had 2 extra tickets to sell ;-)

Jarkko, thank you so very much for everything – most especially for all your efforts to help with my problem (posted on the 'ridiculous' thread) – I can imagine how many frantic emails you were swamped with on the 14th, but you still got back to me with suggestions each time. You are really special, I'm sorry I won't get to meet you in NY, but I'm sure I will, sooner or later.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:32 pm

Dear Sheila ~

I'm gutted that you didn't get tickets for you and your daughter. The touter situation is ghoulish with its pricing :evil: . I wish Partisan had gotten two extra, so you might get them now, too. At least those on the Forum are generous when they're financially able.

I was really wanting to see you and meet your daughter; and meeting Jarkko, Eija & Marie is priceless.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
imaginary friend

Postby imaginary friend » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Thanks for your words of consolation Lizzy. I don't feel as bad today as I did on Wednesday. My daughter Lisa is disappointed, especially as it was to be her birthday gift, but maybe we'll still be able to see Leonard in New York when he comes again.

I'm sad that I won't be able to meet up with you in NY, but I relish the thought of you on Feb 19 – your birthday eve – sitting in a great seat, enjoying a concert put on by Leonard, especially for people like you. 8) I hope you get to meet him and give him a full frontal hug! If you do, give him an extra squeeze for me!
Partisan

Postby Partisan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:15 am

Don't get too sad about me not having 2 to sell. I would have scalped them at tout price levels to offset the cost of the whole trip, so it wouldn't have helped you any.
Would that have been wrong?

p.
imaginary friend

Postby imaginary friend » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:51 am

Aaawwww I can see right through that one. You're just trying to make me feel better.
I'm going to make mashed potatoes for dinner and eat them out of the pot, in my jammies :(
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:58 am

:lol: You know how to do comfort food right, girl. 8)
Knowing that doesn't help, though, does it :( ?

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
mirka

Re: Thank You Jarkko and Marie!

Postby mirka » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Even if I'm not coming to the NYC concert, I had to put it in writing: I admire your commitment, Jarkko, and many hours you and Marie must have spent for this pre-sale to work.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”