Thank You Jarkko!

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
FOXWOOD

Thank You Jarkko!

Postby FOXWOOD » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:23 pm

I unfortunately am not able to go to the New York concert.
I would however like to thank Jarkko for the extraordinary efforts he has taken to secure tickets for forum members.
It is very much much appreciated.
I hope all those members who wanted tickets managed to get them.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
tinderella

Re: Thank You Jarkko!

Postby tinderella » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:02 pm

I second that Foxwood.... What would we do without Jarrko? HE ROCKS! :lol:
IrishMar

Postby IrishMar » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi Tinderella, I second that, thank you Jarkko, and sorry for my earlier panic attack.

Marie
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
tinderella

Postby tinderella » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:08 pm

HI Marie.... I bet you aare going to NY.... lucky girl.... Have a great time if you are. Hopefully Leonard will come back to us here when he has a well earned rest after Australia.....
John K.

Postby John K. » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Allow me to add my thanks as well. Jarkko does an amazing job with the Files and the Forum, and he went above and beyond with this presale!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:35 pm

I agree, John, Foxwood, and everyone else on this thread. Leonard's and Jarkko's and Anjani's and Marie's generousity has always been amazing and far surpassed what I've heard of others in their positions in the music field.

Leonard G. Cohen
Jarkko G. Arjatsalo
Anjani G. Thomas
Marie G. Mazur

Even though they've never set out to earn their middle names, just being their incredible selves has resulted in that.

Thank you for the pre-sale arrangements 8) to Leonard's management, Leonard, Jarkko, Marie, and every other individual involved.

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Womanfromaroom

Postby Womanfromaroom » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi all,
but especially you, Jarkko! I am a bit emotional right now, because I keep thinking how wonderful it would have been to be with you all in New York. But I will see what the future brings, wait patiently (a Finnish virtue, isn't it, patience?) and in the meantime really want to thank you for making this forum such a special place, much more than just a website - a kind of "family" indeed! And although modesty on your part seems to be another of those Northern Scandinavian qualities, I am afraid you will just have to accept the praise this time! ;-)
Hope to meet some of you - and particularly our wonderful webmaster - some time before long, at some kind of Cohen event or the other!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:05 am

Well, at the risk of sounding mushy I agree with all that has been said. Jarkko, you are absolutely amazing! We can't please everyone all the time but you do a masterful job of trying! Marie, ditto for you! I am sure it is no easy job keeping the various websites up to date plus keeping a watchful eye on the Forum. Thank you SO much, and thank you for all your organizational abilities in handling the pre-sale of the concert tickets! Everything was incredibly smooth :D

I am a slightly poorer but a VERY happy woman today! Looking forward SO much to seeing Leonard (and everyone else :) ) on February 19th!

All the best, Diana
MarieM

Postby MarieM » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:23 am

We bow in gratitude, Jarkko, for all your efforts to insure that fans get tickets. How many times have you been working at your job and still had to attend to all this? How many times have you awaken in the middle of the night to post details, passwords? Your efforts are very appreciated. Thank you.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
leonardmtl

Postby leonardmtl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:45 am

Jarkko,

What extraordinary help you provided today in navigating the ways of TM (Ticketmaster)and in calming the anxieties of those of us that had so much trouble dealing with the pressure cooker environment TM (Ticketmaster)created. Just a mirocosm of the enormous efforts you have made over the years.....absolutely a dedication rarely seen

Warmest thanks and a "kiss on the nose"!!!

Leonard from Montreal
Last edited by leonardmtl on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:55 am

Thanks for thanks to everybody. It has been a very exciting (and stressful) night at this end. We did our best to keep the scalpers away, but that seems not be so easy these days. However, from the emails I am receiving I note that really many members got their tickets. And it is also good to let you know that Leonard will be back in New York with more concerts.

Marie, it is YOU whom I and everybody have to thank. You have been there all the time with great ideas, comments and help, any time, in the middle of the night, too. This has been a real shared project of our websites. And now we finally, after so many years of friendship online, are going to meet also face-to-face! Looking very much forward to it!

Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
MarieM

Postby MarieM » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:07 am

:D Jarkko, I so look forward to meeting you and Eija. To meet at Leonard's concert, this is exactly how we always dreamed it would be. I can't wait.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
paddieu

Postby paddieu » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:37 am

just want to add my 'well done and thanks' even though I'm not going :)

a stressful 'no win' in some ways for you, so i share your pleasure that
some people here did win thanks to you :D
mwaldman

Postby mwaldman » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:07 am

I'll add my "thank you" to the others. We greatly appeciate all that you do to keep the site going, especially on days like today. Looking forward to seeing LC on February 19th and also spending some time with other forum members in NYC.

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
Partisan

Postby Partisan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:51 am

The biggest thankyou imaginable to Jarkko. I am posting here as I have heard how many emails he has been getting, not least from me! Anyone who gripes is probably too computer challenged. Worked like a dream.
One thought, I only bought the 2 tickets I needed; didn't want to deprive other fans of the chance. But, part of me feels I should have bought 4 and sold 2 as scalpers get in anyway.
Thoughts?

p.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”