The Auction Site

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Shockvalue

The Auction Site

Post by Shockvalue »

The presales have been on and E***Y (.com.au)is being flooded by the oportunists already. Asking pretty hefty prices. Business or morality issues aside I thought this was illegal.
pointofviewpoint1983

Re: The Auction Site

Post by pointofviewpoint1983 »

My brother mentioned the other day that some events, such as the Glastonbury festival, they have introduced a photo-ticketing process. How elloquent! Wish ticketmaster and ticketec would introduce it here. But what about people who want to buy someone else a ticket? Well...better get that persons passport photo hey! I'm not saying i've thought about the scalpers and possible solutions for their anihalation...but if someone has a better idea, id like to hear it.
Scooby Doo

Post by Scooby Doo »

The problem was with Glastonbury this Year is that the pre-registration for photo IDs put a lot of people off.

Given we are also in a recession (well in the UK anyway) then the last thing Leonards team needs to do is to introduce via the promoter a complicated method of getting tickets.

Easiest answer is to do what Glastonbury done, by requiring eBay to remove every attempt to sell their tickets. Thing is Ticketmaster don't seem to mind and have their own money-making way making money from auctions.

Hit the supply (e.g. eBay and the touts have to go back to standing outside in a raincoat)

Scoobs
London O2 - July 17
Bournemouth - Nov 11
London O2 - Nov 14
Birmingham - Nov 22
pointofviewpoint1983

Post by pointofviewpoint1983 »

Oh yeah, I can imagine now, the person who wanted to buy their partner a suprise ticket...to only have to ask for their passport-sized photo. "Suprise!"

The only reselling I don't mind, is when someone just can't make it on the night, and advertises to sell for the exact cost of the intial buy. Cancelling ebay outright in that regard, could be seen also as a pain. Unless promoters offered refunds...and resold the tix themselves.

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”