a desperate australian!!!

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
preadhead

Re: a desperate australian!!!

Post by preadhead »

I have to disagree about the vineyards not being a good place to perform. I think they'll be exquisite backdrops and I hope Leonard thoroughly enjoys himself. There won't be the mud and rain of Glastonbury (in fact it will be hot as hell in Perth at least) but it should still prove to be wonderful experience.
Irene Teresa

Post by Irene Teresa »

I for one would love to meet a fellow Leonard tragic and forum member.!!

I tried today and only a single ticket within first 30 rows.( which is my total limit as i dont see well as it is!) So i bought that and will try again on public sale. so my son can come. so at least im going. i got a single in row 10.i wish i had kids inheritence to spend !! ha ha belive me i would do it too! :) :lol: ;)
Irene Teresa

Post by Irene Teresa »

preadhead wrote:I have to disagree about the vineyards not being a good place to perform. I think they'll be exquisite backdrops and I hope Leonard thoroughly enjoys himself. There won't be the mud and rain of Glastonbury (in fact it will be hot as hell in Perth at least) but it should still prove to be wonderful experience.
Im sure they are lovely. but REALLy hard to get to and home from if youre without a car and someone who can drive that long distance and back. if anyone going to either outside Sydney was willing to give me a lift id try to go for sure! it would be lovely its just hard to get too for some.
Polagirl

Post by Polagirl »

I can't understand anyone whingeing about the cost of seeing the great Leonard Cohen. I travelled all the way to Manchester (in the most fantastic venue of the Opera House) to see him twice in case he never made it to Australia. All the doomsters around me are saying I must be sorry I spent all that money when he is coming to Australia but its really just a further chance to see the genius again. I can't afford to pay the big prices either but have 2 tickets to see him at 2 different wineries. Believe me you won't be sorry if you make the plunge- its worth every penny on this once in a lifetime (alright 4 times in a lifetime) opportunity
Irene Teresa

Post by Irene Teresa »

as i clearly stated polagirl im am NOT sayingt eh seats are too expensive i said many times if in any way i had aaccess to the money( in way shape or form) id be at as many shows as i could. there is a big differnce between it being a struggle or inconvienince to get t the money and NOT HAVINg it PERIOD>>

that is the only complaint I HAD it as sim-ply personal not in ANY way aganinstI LC! OMG ! and I personally dont like the wineries cos I dont have a car nor acess to trannsport NOR the money for the ticket but i sure those going will have an awesome time i cant help but want to be there= sheesh. AND i tried to sell my body down the red light district but im too old and fat !! LOl,,,,,,no takers ....

sooooo OK its NOT a complaint! I handle many things cos Im poor but i belive its ok to feel a litle desperate when your fave artist tours without warning., ok i hope I AM understood this time !
Keira

Post by Keira »

I am in with the grieving of trying to get tickets.
I have never had the chance to see Cohen before, it has just been my dad's CDs for me my entire life.
Whilst it is possible to scrap together $120 or whatever for the bad tickets, I am getting the feeling the stage will be so far away that I would be better by the DVD version. I would love to hear of people that have been to a day on the green to give me some hope.
Any hope at all would be nice.
Keira
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Keira, like Polagirl is suggesting, do whatever you can to see the man live and experience that magical charged atmosphere! 8)

I haven't been to "a day on the green", so I don't know how it will work with prices and distance from the stage, but I expect you wouldn't be too far away from the action at a winery, as the concert space must be fairly limited. I can't imagine they would sacrifice vineyard or wine production space for too large a concert area. ;-) Anyway, irrespective of distance, the sound and spectacle is fantastic, going on the two open air concerts I was at in Europe. :D

Anyway, see Mr Cohen live if you possibly can - a DVD is no substitute for this experience :!:

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, dear, Irene Teresa ~

I definitely understand what you're saying and meant. I've been campaigning my heart out for Obama and am ecstatic about the results! Now, I come here and only just now find out that you've been desperate for a ticket. Row 10 will still be great, Teresa! I'm SO glad you were able to get that!!! Hopefully, something else will come through... though I get the impression that the concert is very soon. I'm SO far behind here :shock: !

I hope your son gets to go with you... ooh, how I hope that!

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Irene Teresa

Post by Irene Teresa »

Hey Lizzy! Yes my dear I am desperate and Leonard is selling like proverbial hotcakes. this morning there were still good seats but only to the wineries and without a way to get there organised i couldnt afford to buy it and not go . so we stuck with the entertainment centre.grabeed another single in row 11 so my son and i can go but justa row apart.

I havnt told dad i used his credit card yet LOLOL. but hey its the master!
Gina

Post by Gina »

So how did you go Irene? How did others get on with tickets for the Sydney Empty Concrete Centre?

I was online at 8.59am, with my husband trying the phone lines as well. I was after 4 tickets but only managed to get seats way up the back ... and my transaction was completed by 9.17am!! (I guess either that means there are plenty of Leonard fans in Australia or else there are a lot of tickets lurking out there somewhere). I went to the Rome concert in July, and had fabulous seats, so I can't complain, but was hoping to get good seats for my brother, who is really looking forward to seeing Leonard for the first time. However, I'm sure it will be a night to remember, even if we have to take the binoculars.
preadhead

Post by preadhead »

At the Sandalford winery (Perth), they've put buses on!! What a shame that wasn't an option at the winery closest to you Irene. It seems like a wonderful idea to me and parking would be pain anyway. Plus it leaves the option open to have a drink and not worry about driving! :lol:

I'm pleased for you that you and your son managed to get your tickets.
john michael

Post by john michael »

i know how you feel i'm on a pension so the wife and i had to use the bloody visa ,good luck
Irene Teresa

Post by Irene Teresa »

Gina wrote:So how did you go Irene? How did others get on with tickets for the Sydney Empty Concrete Centre?

I was online at 8.59am, with my husband trying the phone lines as well. I was after 4 tickets but only managed to get seats way up the back ... and my transaction was completed by 9.17am!! (I guess either that means there are plenty of Leonard fans in Australia or else there are a lot of tickets lurking out there somewhere). I went to the Rome concert in July, and had fabulous seats, so I can't complain, but was hoping to get good seats for my brother, who is really looking forward to seeing Leonard for the first time. However, I'm sure it will be a night to remember, even if we have to take the binoculars.

Hi GIna - Lol to empty contrete centre

i was online from about 8.40 and my son was on other computer. there didnt seem much available at all yet soemone people get front rows to sell on ebay!

anyway we are ins ingle seats in rows 10 and 11

who knows maybe closer to the time somthing closer will come up or well get to a windery . as long as we are there is what counts. Im spoiled re close rows because im pretty inolved in and with certain music artists here and usually am in front rows...but for my favorite of all- i have no Ins! oh well

lots of LOVE to all LC fans etc xxxxxxxxxx

peace
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

HI Irene ~

YAAAY!!! Good on you, dear! I'm thrilled your son will be seeing him with you. Actually, not much [if any] gets said during the performance, as it moves from one song to the next, anyway; so nothing really lost with you in one row and him in the other. I'm just delighted ~ as I know you are ~ that you're both going 8) !

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
misscarol

Post by misscarol »

I am sooooooooooooo thrilled - I have the tickets via the presale.

They cost $195 each, but it will be worth every cent.

I can't wait until January 28!!!

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”