Leonard coming to Australia !! (SEE PAGE 5)

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Arieka

Re: Leonard coming to Australia !!

Postby Arieka » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:56 pm

Hey, I know its early days but any idea when Leonard Cohen will be performing in Oz? I'm there for a conference at the end of Oct-Nov. and just wondering when the big man's performing. I know its wishful thinking but why not! Also, can anyone suggest the place/website to look for tickets. I know its ticketmaster.com in the UK. Cheers, Arieka
Andrew (Darby)

Postby Andrew (Darby) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Arieka

Nothing has been confirmed, so there are no web-sites/agents that you can connect with in this regard - Jarkko will always let us know here immediately when/how we can get tickets in that eventuality. 8)

I also know that Woodford Folk Festival (which has a similar significance here as Glastonbury and is held annually in Queensland at the end of December) are trying to get him there, but again it remains to be seen if (and when) that will eventuate!

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
Last edited by Andrew (Darby) on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
Arieka

Postby Arieka » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Thanks Andrew for the reply. I'm visiting Australia for three weeks in Oct-Nov. and was being very optimistic about being there at the same time as Leonard Cohen tour. Think I'll look to get tickets for his tour in France or Itlay, a safer bet:)

Cheers,
Arieka
Craiggee

Postby Craiggee » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:01 am

Are there a lot of Australians intending to go Europe? I will be there for the Lucca show.
harros

Postby harros » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:58 pm

Craigee, I am not sure how many Australians were inspired by Julian Tompkins article in "The Australian" with regards to Leonard Cohen touring again but I was certainly one of them. I found accomodation within the walls of Lucca and get there on the Friday so I also pick up the Chicago concert on the Saturday night and then the BIG event on Sunday night. Every chance a few of us will bump into each other over a beer. Cheers Harros, Perth
ernie

Postby ernie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:47 am

Concert in Australia?Venues and dates does anyone know? who is the booking agent?ernie[we couldnt risk a miss,and had to fly to toronto]
NickShears

Postby NickShears » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 am

Andrew (Darby) wrote:I also know that Woodford Folk Festival (which has a similar significance here as Glastonbury and is held annually in Queensland at the end of December) are trying to get him there, but again it remains to be seen if (and when) that will eventuate!
I can't tell you how excited that makes me, Andrew, especially with my tickets for Woodford safely booked some while back! I'd thought it just might be possible, but it's so cool that you know they're actively trying.

Hamba kahle (
Nick,
London 1979, London 1983, London 1988, Brisbane 2009
Mikeaus

Postby Mikeaus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:18 am

I'm Your Man

We may be a long way away, but we can share this magic moment at the Dublin concert. The young man proposes to his girlfriend and it sure looks like she accepts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LocBI6efKjk
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
alex_1952

Postby alex_1952 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:06 pm

1980-Capitol Theatre in Sydney (had front row seats);1984 Sydney Entertainemnts Centre (Various Positions Tour) and ..... Hope it's true-I will be at every concert!
Alex_1952
RC

Postby RC » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 am

I was at those concerts as well... 2 nights at the Capitol theatre in Sydney (my favourite all time concerts) and at the Sydney Entertainment Centre (big barn!).

May the flying kangaroo deliver him safely to our door again!

Cheers
Richard
Australia
transient

Postby transient » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:33 pm

likewise I was at the Sydney concerts in 1980 and 1985, the Capitol theatre in 1980 was a perfect venue, still remember him saying in response to applause something like-don't worry friends, we've come a long way to play to you tonight and we're not going until we've played enough. also remember a great introduction to Chelsea Hotel and his annoyance at himself for stumbling at one line -forget which song - in the course of the evening. a great and generous performance.
look forward to any chance of another similar experience. My daughter and partner couldn't wait and went over for Manchester and Brugge.
Peter
Mikeaus

Postby Mikeaus » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:36 am

Jarkko, is there any chance Leonard would pay us a visit here in Australia? The Pope recently toured here and he drew a crowd of over 500,000. God only know how many people Leonard would attract. Many more, I would imagine.
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:12 pm

There have indeed been tentative plans, but it is too early to say anything definitive... The fall tour here in Europe has to start first!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
margiegras

Australia??

Postby margiegras » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:38 am

Does Anyone think it is likely that Leonard will come Downunder?? I fear not so I am looking to travel either to Ireland or US- Does anyone know if the Dublin dates are available to buty tickets..I am desperate

***this message has been moved from the News --- you will find your answers in this section / Jarkko ***
margiegras

Postby margiegras » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm

that is just SOOOO Fantastic, thanks 4 your reply!! we are excited beyond belief & looking forward to melbourne, sydney & wherever else we can get to
margie

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”