Brighton - all my bags are packed and I'm ready to go

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
catswhiskers

Brighton - all my bags are packed and I'm ready to go

Post by catswhiskers »

Hello BRIGHTON
Am arriving Thursday from LIsbon.I am getting SO excited--to see Leonard again--Probably just one more time (my heart breaks at this thought).I promise to behave,and not sing--not unless any one else dares to.!!! Brighton venue seems rather subdued on this site-- I wonder why? Maybe I am the only one going and he will sing just for ME? Then maybe I can entice him to come back to Portugal with me---he can stay in my spare guest apartment--and swim in the pool under a starry night------Oh,dream on!!
Am I correct in thinking the doors open at 6.30pm and the concert starts at 8 pm.Is there a curfew--will he have to finish dead on 11pm? At Lisbon he sang the night away.I have been a fan for 38 years now--giving my age away---and to me Leonard is pure magic.Words cannot express how I am feeling right now--I am counting the seconds--can't wait to board that plane!
dynamiksdreamdebased

Re: BRIGHTON--ALL MY BAGS ARE PACKED AND I'M READY TO GO>

Post by dynamiksdreamdebased »

No, it will be packed. Everyone in Brighton I've spoken to seems very exited about it... could be a real classic :)

Catswhiskers... make sure you have fish and chips on the pier outside the venue. And you can watch the sun setting over the other pier 200 yards away which burnt down a few years ago :(
blithe, urbane and inebriated.
richardrj

Re: Brighton - all my bags are packed and I'm ready to go

Post by richardrj »

Brighton used to be my home town and I wish I was there now to see this concert. However the Brighton Centre is a horrible soulless barn. A shame it's not the Dome where Field Commander Cohen was recorded (and also parts of the I'm Your Man soundtrack).

I second the recommendation to watch the sun setting over the derelict West Pier, what the previous poster didn't mention is that you often get a marvellous free show of hundreds of starlings flying and swooping over the pier in the evening. No-one seems to quite know why they do it but it's a sight to behold.

After the show it's as wise to get away from the streets around the venue as soon as possible, not because they're unsafe but because there are much nicer parts of Brighton to explore. Walk along North Street and turn left onto New Road to get to the heart of Brighton nightlife.

Give the place my regards.
dynamiksdreamdebased

Post by dynamiksdreamdebased »

richardrj wrote: After the show it's as wise to get away from the streets around the venue as soon as possible, not because they're unsafe
Actually, West Street (just next to the venue) is pretty tasty on a friday night... best avoided like the plague.
blithe, urbane and inebriated.
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Hi and a big Thank you for everyones comments.
Don't like the sound of a "soul less" barn,though--nor the area where its situated.I shall have a big tough guy with me though===and a camera to take pics of that beautiful "bird cage"!
Cheers everyone and enjoy the concert.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I've only ventured into The Brighton Centre twice before (for Dylan and Brian Wilson). It is something of a "soul-less barn" and I don't like the shape of it (with the stage in the middle of the long oblong side). Unfortunately, the weather forecast (as of Wednesday evening) is meant to be relentless rain all day long, and for most of Saturday too. But hey...it's Leonard, so let's make the best of it!

All good things, John E
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

Have now been promised 2 tickets for Helen and me- Stalls Row L at face value plus booking fee.
Its been emotional.
A couple of hours drive after work and hopefully another night of pure joy ahead. :razz:
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
scorp

Post by scorp »

The show tonight in Brighton was absolutely magnificent. That's all I will or can say :-))
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

Apart from the stress of not getting our tickets until 30 minutes before the show a fantastic concert. Helen and I were in a brilliant position quite close, mid stalls so virtually never had to look at the big screens. There was no Hey thats no Way to say Goodbye or Closing Time but, The Partisan was the best of the 3 times we have been lucky enough to hear it. Helen in pieces again during Chelsea Hotel 2.
Rob Hallett from AEG Live was on stage with the band at the end for Whither Thou Goest and Leonard gave him a well deserved thankyou.
Another incredible performance by Leonard......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dublin - June 14
London (O2) - July 17
London (O2) - November 13
London (RAH) - November 17
Brighton - November 28
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
scorp

Post by scorp »

Hmmmm...Hallett is vice president of AEG. I wonder if he might now be thinking...'hey, that's no way to say goodbe'...so 'let's have another tour boys, this one has grown old and better.'

So, can he bring Lenny to the Isle of Wight next year? This cannot be the last we see of Lenny. I hope.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”