Meet up - Royal Albert Hall - Troubadour

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Suemerlyn

Re: Meet up - Royal Albert Hall - Troubadour

Post by Suemerlyn »

sorry, tried to delete repeating the pic on my post, but don't know how to do it
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

Yes, the pub I am thinking of is now called the Zetland Arms (it was definitely The Marquis of Zetland when I was a lad). I have found it on the net. It's address is 2 Bute Street, postcode SW7 3EX for those who want to check its location on multimap.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

AFTER GIG MEET UP 17TH/18TH NOV

I went to South Ken as I said I would and found both the Zetland Arms and another pub near it called the Hoop and Toy. Both close at midnight.

However, I found another bar, quite a nice cosy place, called Janet's Bar, 30 Old Brompton Rd - about a minute from the tube ( you can more or less see S Ken tube from the bar). The entrance is immediately on the right just inside the Brompton Hotel, though I think the bar is independant.

What's good about it is that it is open until at least 1 am. What do those of you who want to meet up over a drink after the lovely Leonard concert want to do?? The owner Janet is happy to have us all if you would like to meet there.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Suemerlyn wrote: I went to South Ken

and I went to Liverpool Ken and I says, "oy Liverpool Ken, dahn't you going bustin' the chops of my mate Henning, who's an ok geezer, innit". And Liverpool Ken says "eee, like why you speaking in dat funny accent, Man?"

then we went to bed together to listen to Jazz Police on repeat play for 7 hours, turned up way loud, and we smoked some old salmon together.

Happy Days

Lord Michael
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Suemerlyn wrote:AFTER GIG MEET UP 17TH/18TH NOV

What's good about it is that it is open until at least 1 am.
and so am I.
Padma

Post by Padma »

Tyler and I think Jan's Bar sounds good (but Tyler won't be able to stay late because he has to be up early to finish grouting my bathroom)........

Michael - Tyler has asked me to tell you that he likes a bit of smoked salmon (can you bring some for him on the 17th, please?).......
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

And Janet of Janet's bar says did anyone want food, and I said nah, liverpool Ken with the funny accent is bringing his own smoked salmon...
Tyler can finish grouting your bathroom in the morning Padma, and Lord Michael, there's a skating rink nearby outside the Natural History museum.

For the rest of us, a nice 'quiet' drink would be good...
Padma

Post by Padma »

Sue - thanks for sorting us (and the post-concert meet-up) out!!! Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Padma (and Tyler the tiler).
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Suemerlyn wrote: Lord Michael, there's a skating rink nearby outside the Natural History museum.

This news may interest some of the Ladies here. I have had a word with Leonard and he has agreed to "perform" with one female fan, on Ice, after the show. He has stipulated that all applications must be accompanied by a suitable photograph and these should be sent to me for initial vetting and preliminary selection.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Hey Mickey... your news definitely interested me :D .... Is it okay if this Irish woman joins you all at the meet up? By the way, that was my first attempt in my life at poetry..... ( on the dullest thread on the Forum lol) such a boring dull wet windy sunday here in Dublin............. I had to find something to do to relieve the boredom and by rights you should have continued the thread :D
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

tinderella53 wrote:Hey Mickey... your news definitely interested me :D .... Is it okay if this Irish woman joins you all at the meet up? By the way, that was my first attempt in my life at poetry..... ( on the dullest thread on the Forum lol) such a boring dull wet windy sunday here in Dublin............. I had to find something to do to relieve the boredom and by rights you should have continued the thread :D

you have no choice but to join us, and if you feel the need to speaku in haiku then I will grudgingly survive the shocku

Lord Micku of One
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

It might be nice to get a rough idea of who thinks they may be coming to Janet's bar after Lenny on Monday 17th/Tuesday 18th...I count about four of us so far on Monday. Anyone else like to join us?? Post or PM!
Garret Luis

Post by Garret Luis »

Hello all,
Just wondering if there's any space left at the Troubadour for just one more on Monday??
I'm sure I read earlier on that there was a limit... Hope there is space, as I'm arriving in London on the Monday, but only going to the Tue concert, and unable to make the Troubadour on Tue.
Well done and thanks to those organizing it, be good to meet fellow fans alike..Cheers

Joe Garret
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Thought it may be helpful to give anyone who wants to come directions to walk from the RAH to South Kensington tube, and Janet's Bar after Leonard on Monday or Tuesday so we can ...
As I said in an earlier post, the place is at 30 Old Brompton Rd (opposite South Ken tube - you can see it - but there's a number of streets around there so make sure you're on that road!) The entrance to Janet's is just inside the Brompton Hotel, on the R, and serves drinks until 1.30 am, for the late birds.

I'm not very technical, so can't scan in maps and all that, but if you walk from the back of RAH, away from the main road (which is Kensington Gore, with Kensington Gardens across the other side of the road and a big statue - if you see that, you're going the wrong way!). You'll come to Exhibition Rd from the back of RAH, where all the museums are (Nat Hist, Science, V & A). Walk all the way down there and you'll come to South Ken tube, which is the nearest tube to RAH. The Old Brompton Rd is on the right.

Will take about 10 minutes, depends on how fast you walk! The tubes go on until 12.15 for getting to Travel Lodge City Rd - for many of you out-of-towners staying there - or the busses to get there later on are 74 from near S Ken tube (on Cromwell Place) to Baker St, then stay at the same bus stop and get a 205 to Moorgate/Finsbury Square - which is the nearest tube listed for the hotel. Both busses are quite frequent.

See y'all at the Troubadour, in RAH, or at Janet's Monday. I might even come down and try to link up with some of you on Tuesday evening - I'm unfortunately working on Tuesday night, but could get to RAH before the show comes down.

Can't wait, or as Judy says, I could wait forever (almost)...
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

thank you and we all look forward to your promised singing and dancing act at the Troubador.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”