Difference between Sommer- and Fall-Tour?

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
BerlinBerlin

Difference between Sommer- and Fall-Tour?

Post by BerlinBerlin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:27 am

Knows someone something about differences between the Sommer-Tour and the Fall-Tour? Maybe anonther Setlists, other songs? ...More Songs? 8) ;-)
John Etherington

Re: Difference between Sommer- and Fall-Tour?

Post by John Etherington » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:39 am

Hi BB,

I suspect that the tour will be essentially the same with a few songs omitted and a few added. There are certain songs that give the tour its essential structure and momentum, and I would expect the following to be definitely included - Dance Me To the End of Love, Hallelujah, Anthem, First We Take Manhattan, Take This Waltz, The Future, and Tower of Song. At least three out of the following would surely have to be included (?) - Suzanne, Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye, So Long Marianne, & Sisters of Mercy. I suspect they'll be a few surprises though. I'd personally like to hear "Alexandra Leaving" and "The Window". But, let's not put too many expectations on Leonard ...I think he deserves a long rest during the next couple of months!

All the best, John E
BerlinBerlin

Post by BerlinBerlin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:16 pm

I hope that "Wainting for the Miracle" is in the Setlists on the Fall-Tour
linmag

Post by linmag » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:31 pm

I read an interview recently, though I can't remember in which thread I saw the link now, where Leonard said he was hoping to spend August and September rehearsing new songs for the Autumn tour, including some previously unrecorded songs. I have also heard a rumour that there will be a violinist in the band for the second leg of the tour.

I agree that there are several old favourites that it would be difficult/impossible to leave out of the setlist, but it must surely be more interesting for the musicians themselves to vary the content of the show.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:39 am

in few threads it was mentioned that a violinist will be ready for the Fall tour.
vladb

Post by vladb » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:31 pm

New songs? Just how good can this get? Can't wait.
maurice

Post by maurice » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:18 am

Sounds interesting. Can't wait! The first show for me is in Copenhagen.
You know who I am...
TexasPaul

Post by TexasPaul » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Hopefully, Leonard will leave in "If it be Your Will". My wife cried when The Webb Sisters sang it on that beautiful evening in Oslo. We'll be across the pond again for the Frankfurt and Manchester sets. We can't wait. Bye Y'all!
dubvanessi

Post by dubvanessi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:05 am

yeah my wife cried too at IF IT BE YOUR WILL. I'd like to hear THE GYPSY WIFE which was brilliant when I heard it in Lucca; and another personal whish of mine is "THE LETTERS", but let's see & hear and get surprised.

does anyone know, if there is going to be a live cd / dvd release of the summer and / or fall tour???
magdam

Post by magdam » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:19 pm

I am a happy owner of the ticket for the Fall tour :D /Warszawa/. I will be very amazed to hear the same songs that were performed during the summer tour. But ... but ... I also wait for the 'Joan of Arc', 'Song of Bernadette' and 'Famous Blue Raincoat'. Please ....

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”