the new 02 in dublin...?

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ycart

the new 02 in dublin...?

Post by ycart » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:30 pm

Now that we are opening a new indoor concert hall The 02 (the point) in December'08, maybe we can encourage Leonard back to Ireland for another concert indoors this time ..
confetti

Re: the new 02 in dublin

Post by confetti » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:14 am

surely it has to be Belfast this time, Dublin can't get all the best artists, we surely deserve some :D
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Born With The Gift Of A G

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:20 am

I'd love to see Mister Cohen at The Waterfront Hall in Belfast - a splendid venue for this show.
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
confetti

Post by confetti » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:57 am

the waterfront would be wonderful it would be my preferred venue, but they have stopped using ticketmaster so i would have to queue like everyone else, :lol: :lol:
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:08 am

Hey Guys

Cork is also a good place for the Man to come like we have castles and national parks .

G
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in
jally

Post by jally » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:10 pm

From hotpress.com

Leonard Cohen announces Dublin return
18 Jul 2008

Leonard Cohen has announced on his website that he’s paying a return visit to the venue formerly known as The Point, the O2, on December 1.

Having sold-out all three of his recent Royal Hospital Kilmainham shows – and beguiled every single one of the 24,000 people who attended – tickets are guaranteed to shift faster than two lovesick rabbits.

:D
Happygirl

Post by Happygirl » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:45 pm

Only just saw that this gig is planned, this SO made my day!! I can't wait for Lucca in exactly one week, but SO great to have another one to look forward to, best Christmas present ever (and I just got Stranger Music for my birthday :D). Does anyone know of any mailing lists for the Point/the O2 to get notified when tickets are going to be on sale?
I lit a thin green candle {in Barcelona} to make you jealous of me
Dublin 13th July 08 - Lucca 27th July 08 - Dublin 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd July 09 - Barcelona 21st Sept 09 http://lifeisafestival.wordpress.com/
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:40 pm

When are tickets going on sale anyone?
linkmartin

Post by linkmartin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Only just saw that this gig is planned, this SO made my day!! I can't wait for Lucca in exactly one week, but SO great to have another one to look forward to, best Christmas present ever (and I just got Stranger Music for my birthday ). Does anyone know of any mailing lists for the Point/the O2 to get notified when tickets are going to be on sale?Happygirl

Go to http://www.theo2.ie and you can register for advance notification for when tickets come on sale.
Happygirl

Post by Happygirl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Thanks a mil, now I just need to switch to O2 to qualify for priority tickets I guess. Imagine the customer service people asking you for your reason for switching and it's 'because I wanna be in the first row at the LC gig' hahaha...
Dublin 13th July 08 - Lucca 27th July 08 - Dublin 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd July 09 - Barcelona 21st Sept 09 http://lifeisafestival.wordpress.com/
subtle

Post by subtle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:03 am

Happygirl wrote:Thanks a mil, now I just need to switch to O2 to qualify for priority tickets I guess. Imagine the customer service people asking you for your reason for switching and it's 'because I wanna be in the first row at the LC gig' hahaha...
You may just want to check out the cost of the O2 premium and VIP 'offers' - its obscene and makes toutmaster look like a quaint market rogues!

You know I am not sure the new 02 with its 12000 capacity is going to have the same atmosphere as Kilmainham. Yeah, now ok - because these are the best gigs I’ve ever been to (Dublin and Manchester) I will get try to get good tickets to see Mr Cohen - BUT O2 are not worthy to be pimping in his name! They are going to use him to launch O2 Dublin along with all its VIP seat reservations for the first 20 rows etc and no doubt full of Dublin's C list "celebrities" Lois Walsh, Samantha Mumba, Various weather presenters, Gerry Ryan, etc. - I just hope O2 give Mr Cohen his rightful share of the sheqels they will make from him!

Got to say never thought the "old" Point was a good venue but the last gig I saw there was Manu Chao a few years ago and it was brilliant , great craic altogether - down the front, no seats, skanking away!
Happygirl

Re: the new 02 in dublin...?

Post by Happygirl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:30 am

Oh that is sad, but any gig is better than no gig at all as far as I'm concerned! So wish it was in the Olympia or even Vicar Street and you'd have to recite an entire song correctly before getting to buy a ticket. In fact he could retire to Ireland altogether and do a weekly show in say Bewleys ;-)
subtle

Post by subtle » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:57 pm

Happygirl wrote:Oh that is sad, but any gig is better than no gig at all as far as I'm concerned! So wish it was in the Olympia or even Vicar Street and you'd have to recite an entire song correctly before getting to buy a ticket. In fact he could retire to Ireland altogether and do a weekly show in say Bewleys ;-)
Hi HappyGirl - Wouldnt that be bliss!

Although for me a weekly residency in Roisin Dubh in Galway would suit - or even better one of the pubs in my town. John Prine spends his summers there and he oftens plays in a couple of bars now if only Leonard would do the same ...

But you are right - any gig is better than no gig.
radiofc

Post by radiofc » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:01 pm

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale for this one?

I know it can't possibly match Sat 14th June which was the perfect concert in my opinion. It might come close however if this is review anything to go by: http://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/index.php?b ... =1#more847
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" George Bernard Shaw
radiofc.com | last.fm | mixcloud
Happygirl

Post by Happygirl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:39 pm

subtle wrote:
Happygirl wrote:Oh that is sad, but any gig is better than no gig at all as far as I'm concerned! So wish it was in the Olympia or even Vicar Street and you'd have to recite an entire song correctly before getting to buy a ticket. In fact he could retire to Ireland altogether and do a weekly show in say Bewleys ;-)
Hi HappyGirl - Wouldnt that be bliss!

Although for me a weekly residency in Roisin Dubh in Galway would suit - or even better one of the pubs in my town. John Prine spends his summers there and he oftens plays in a couple of bars now if only Leonard would do the same ...

But you are right - any gig is better than no gig.
Hi subtle,

I'm with you on that, great excuse to spend more time in the west, he could pick up some gaeilge and then do part of the show in irish, sort of the Canadian Des Bishop ;-) - just very different! Ah the possibilities...

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”