The Leonard Cohen Event 2010 will be in Krakow, Poland

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Mirek

Re: The Leonard Cohen Event 2010 will be in Krakow, Poland

Post by Mirek »

Hey, all the Beatufiful Losers!
You are more than welcomed here. That's right friscogrl - Krakow is a charming city.
Mollydog - thanks for the link to the Ottawa Citizen. Yes, this is a good description of Krakow in a nutshell.
I guess our formal Committee will speak up in the very near futore, providing you with some initial information concerning at least the dates.
So... start saving your precious dollars, euros, yens. We will try to do our best to make you feel here just like home.

Mirek
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Hi Mirek
So much looking forward to Krakow in 2010 but I could not help noticing you did not encourage saving the pound sterling is that because by the time the Krakow event comes around it will probably be worth half what it is today -- Rule Britannia !!
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

liptrot wrote:Hi Mirek
So much looking forward to Krakow in 2010 but I could not help noticing you did not encourage saving the pound sterling is that because by the time the Krakow event comes around it will probably be worth half what it is today -- Rule Britannia !!
Shame on me! :oops:
Surely you should save not only the Queen (let G*d save her), but also precious pounds.
But don't despair - the exchange rate of pound/Polish zloty was much worse last year - during last 6 months pound gained roughly 20%.

Mirek
Paula

Post by Paula »

Cash crisis at Auschwitz

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7842671.stm

I take my hat off to all the hard work the Polish committee are having to do.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Plannerman

Post by Plannerman »

anneporter wrote:How about St. John's Newfoundland (home of Feast of Cohen) in 2012?

That would be FANTASTIC! I vote for NL in 2012!!

Tony

Return to “News”