blog:On nearly meeting Leonard Cohen

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Dem

blog:On nearly meeting Leonard Cohen

Post by Dem » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:30 pm

http://tinyurl.com/3426jz

I realised the best part of a 20-year dream the other day: I saw Leonard Cohen up close and personal. And I arrived at one distinct conclusion: he's very small. Almost as small as me, in fact.

Dem
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:01 am

Thanks for this link, Dem. I've gone, I've read, and I've laughed... more, way more, than once :lol: !! Then, I commented... and pending the blog master's approval, it'll be posted.

~ Lizzy
dick

Post by dick » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:22 pm

Agree on the good humor

thanks for the link dem
thoughtcat

Post by thoughtcat » Sun May 06, 2007 10:46 am

Thanks for posting the link and to those who read and commented on the piece. The experience prompted me to collate all the LC-related web things I've done into one page at http://www.thoughtcat.com/lc.htm. This includes a little video of me performing Chelsea Hotel No 2 at the Hydra open mic with Antonio Savi. I've since lost touch with Antonio, so if anyone knows where he is please say hello from me.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun May 06, 2007 4:14 pm

Oh my... I've just watched and listened to your footage from Hydra. I enjoyed your and Antonio's cover very much!! I really like your finger-picking for accompaniment and the way he extended and elongated the melody lines in his singing and his vocal expression. Your playing and his singing really come together beautifully. I'm glad to have been able to see this, Thoughtcat. You two were surely a hit on Hydra 8) . Thanks for posting it.

[Now, we may find that this is in the wrong section, so don't be surprized if you see it moved :) .]

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Dilly

Post by Dilly » Sun May 06, 2007 4:18 pm

NoI think you are safe Lizzy, just some people get told what to say and what not to say and where and when.
dick

Post by dick » Sun May 06, 2007 5:41 pm

Great new page Richard -- thanks for sharing it
Bobbie

Post by Bobbie » Sun May 06, 2007 8:26 pm

That was great, Richard... I remember it well at the Hydra town well. Erm, I mean, hall. (the very last thing I am is a poet) I remember very well how helpful you were to those who were looking for accompaniment. I see at the end of the video that it must have been the Sunday night open mic, because Partisan hosted that one, and I see the back of his vest with the St. George's cross. Thank you for sharing the video with us. Funny, I was asking E about you and Koy just recently, and she told me you now have two sons! Congratulations!

B

Return to “News”