Leonard and Anjani in Warsaw.

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Unspoken Words

Leonard and Anjani in Warsaw.

Post by Unspoken Words » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:51 am

I have just returned from Warsaw. It was a magical experience.

To see Leonard walk on the stage was spine tingling and brought tears to my eyes. His introduction, words on Polands advance since his last visit and reading of poetry was masterful. Anjani and the musicians were as near perfect as is humanly possible. It was emotional music as Leonard said 'now from the heart'. The 2 songs with Leonard and Anjani were heavenly and I was transferred to a different level. The audience reaction was euphoric. Anjani played an encore 'Nightingale'.

The experience was already exceeding even my best expectations when after a short wait I was introduced to Leonard and Anjani and was able to thank them for the music and all they have given me. Leonard greeted me, shook my hand and embraced and said 'it is nice to meet you Kevin'. We had photos taken, he signed the cover of his book for me and signed a note to my wife ' For Michelle All My Love, Leonard Cohen 2007'.

Leonards graciousness, dignity and overall gentleness, which I had always sensed, shone brightly and went straight to my heart.

Thank you Leonard from the bottom of my heart for your love.
Diane

Post by Diane » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:41 am

Thank you so much for your report, Unspoken Words: Wonderful!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:01 am

Thank you so much for speaking your Unspoken Words... and bringing your feelings to us. I'm so happy you were able to experience Leonard and Anjani in person. Beautiful expression.

~ Lizzy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:24 pm

There are now several threads about the wonderful Warsaw experience.
Let's try to keep most of it in this thread in "Live Performances": viewtopic.php?t=8484

At http://tinyurl.com/39h4h2 you will able to hear the interview with Leonard and Anjani (Radio Trojka) and see several photos.

Return to “News”