Leonard Cohen Tour Dates 2007

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Henning

Leonard Cohen Tour Dates 2007

Post by Henning » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:16 pm

Are still not available. I know this is a frustrating moment for all of us especially when there is no ass around to bite into. What a depressing time. No tour dates, no snow ... I hate these modern times. Thank god they caught a serial killer this morning so that I might dare to go outside again.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:27 pm

[RE: Thread title ~ that's one way to make sure you'll get read :wink: .]

Wouldn't you have had to have gone outside in England, somewhere around Ipswitch? Wouldn't you also have had to be selling favours?

I see cabin fever is getting to you, again, Henning :wink: .

~ Lizzy
Henning

Post by Henning » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:32 pm

Lizzy - what do I know about travelling plans of serial killers ? I prefer to be on the safe side.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:40 pm

:wink: Now why hadn't I already thought of that. In fact, I know exactly what you mean, remembering back to the time of the serial killer in Gainesville, Florida. For many, it felt like he had a map to your very house. I was living on a major, but side road coming out of Gainesville, in a direction that it turned out he did go [south] when he left. I became very cautious during that time.

~ Lizzy
Henning

Post by Henning » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Exactly ! And am I not selling favours by telling you that there are still no tour dates and you won't miss any by accident ? Well, you don't really pay for the news except for the fist towards my direction.
Kush

Post by Kush » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:05 pm

Yes I am hoping too for concert dates for Leonard Cohen or any of the other ol' timers . I hate the recent songs these days...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:27 pm

A raised fist in your direction, Henning... 'tis a relief to know I've not missed a single one, yet :) .

Stay careful :wink: . We need you on the frontline of breaking news :P .

~ Lizzy
david birkett

Ipswitch

Post by david birkett » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:01 pm

Nice variation. It's Ipswich, however.
The Ogre does what ogres can,
Deeds quite impossible for Man,
But one prize is beyond his reach:
The Ogre cannot master speech.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Thanks for that correction, David :) . I gave it sort of a "Blair Witch Project" slant, didn't I?

~ Lizzy
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:37 am

I'm not sure the Ipswich "serial killer" has been caught: to date, no arrests.
Regarding Mr. Cohen's concert dates in 2007, I predict convictions in advance of tour schedules.

Andrew.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:25 am

RE: Ipswich, I heard they had someone in custody.

Convictions on what with Leonard?

~ Lizzy
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:45 am

I heard at the news tonight that they arrested him. Not Leonard Cohen. "The guy next door". They called him like that, the serial killer, nothing to compare with the "butcher of Dusseldorf" or the "strangulater (whatever) of Boston". This to say that the phenomenon is growing tedious for the police, or what? In any case Henning, your fear of being killed by him is pointless as he was killing only prostitutes - but I guess that you felt in danger because of your introduction of the subject. Dates? Dates? Dates!! A pretty sexy way to catch the eyes of the reader just to read that we have to pay for having been hooked.

No doubt that when the Day will arrive, everybody will know.
Diane

Post by Diane » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:39 pm

Are still not available. I know this is a frustrating moment for all of us especially when there is no ass around to bite into. What a depressing time. No tour dates, no snow ... I hate these modern times. Thank god they caught a serial killer this morning so that I might dare to go outside again.
Dear Henning,

Thank you for your Greeting. Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas. Leonard Cohen is not touring but hallelujah anyway, huh? In the pagan calendar, this bleak time of year, Samhain, is traditionally associated with reflection upon the coming of death, the remembrance of ancestors, and the celebration of the lives of the wise elders. I celebrate you Henning. You are so old and wise. And also everybody else on this forum, who is young and wise and with whom I share some special wavelength. Happy Christmas. Love. Peace. Hugs. Love.

Diane
Henning

Post by Henning » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:18 pm

I am old, ok, that's right so far. But I am not wise. If I was wise I would keep my mouth shut. I wouldn't say more than a snowman in Toowoomba (that's in Australia). But maybe it is because I am getting playful and excited these days, the closer we get to December 31, the day when the christmas trees jump from the balconies.
hydriot

Post by hydriot » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:12 am

Why do Christmas trees jump from balconies on 31 December? Are they depressed?
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988

Return to “News”