Meeting with Leonard and Anjani

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Meeting with Leonard and Anjani

Post by jarkko » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:32 pm

We have posted a report by Kim Solez - the full story and photos. Go to
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/solez2005.html
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:09 pm

Kim, thanks for your excellent report, what a great visit, lucky you!
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:11 pm

All in all it was just a fantastic experience, a dream come true!
Undoubtedly :shock: , an extraordinary reception! That luck!

Leonard has a magnificent aspect 8)

(I did not know that Cohen lost in a fire an art gallery).

Thanks for this interesting story :wink:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:35 pm

Such a beautiful day for reading this has been. Your "dream come true" is evident throughout this account of your splendid visits with Leonard and Anjani. Times of interesting conversation and sharing. His graciousness, good humour, and wit are evident throughout it.

It was lovely that you took Nikki and Netanya with you. Hopefully, they appreciate the experience as you do, but if not, they surely will in the future.

I know how privileged you feel by this, Kim. I can see it in your 'puppy dog' pleasure of it all :) . No way to avoid the edited line here, but I had returned to give you my own, enthusiastic "Ruff! Ruff!" of congratulations :D 8) !

It seems you managed to get a 'new,' though old, Leonard Cohen fact out of him. Or, perhaps, it exists in one of the books or articles about the art gallery ~ no idea that he'd even owned one, much less lost it to fire. There was a short story of his that dealt with fire, as I recall.

Wonderful photos, that I'm sure the girls and you will treasure.

Now, I'm off to see Anjani's new site. So many great things happening 8) :D . Tee-hee on her keeping-him-humble humour :wink: .

It was a pleasure to read this report, Kim. Excellent couple days. Excellent report.

~ Lizzy :D
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:41 pm

Kim looks like so candid surrended his such young female companions and a robot-dog, imagining a surealist plane highjack attack with a giant birthday card and attending a Harry Potter movie. Cute. And meeting Leonard Cohen : I could feel it was really a dream came true :D this was great to read.

What is great to, is to see how (yes FYS) Leonard Cohen looks like in a magnificent shape, and how he still is in a full creative process. :D

P.S. : Just a word about robots. Presently, there is two markets for robots, the first one is a market of robot as workers (this one is already well known), the second is a market for robots as companions for humans (and us shinning artefact of the past?). This is the market of the future. In this regard psychological research is made, and as today they found that baby like shape and behaviors - in this case for a robotic dog, puppy like shape and behavior was the best way human beings like and accept them. They must look like innocent creature that can not harm anybody, because the complex of Frankenstein - or Golem or Prometeus, would be too big, otherwise, and people would fear robots. Not buy them for companionship. So I guess this is quiete normal to feel sad about a broken leg under those circumstances. It is like for cigarettes the market made people need and like it out of many studies and experiments. I wonder if there is a secondary effect with robot companions for human beings (I tend to be very careful with those people who wants to sell more and more crap)? Or for human societies? Well, I know some people who are more sorry if their car has a flat tire, than if the mother in law would have brake her leg, so I guess it is not so new, after all. And for all those poor beasts enslaved as pet, it could be a release. 8)
Paula

Post by Paula » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:50 am

Kim what a great experience. How did it all come about.
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:07 pm

Kim, what an absorbing report and awesome experience for you - good for you! 8)

What's also reassuring is that Leonard looks a lot better than the last photo I saw of him & certainly doesn't seem to be down in spirit about the legal saga. :D

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
John K.

Post by John K. » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:40 pm

A truly incredible story, thank you for sharing it with us!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
margaret

Post by margaret » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:10 pm

Thank you so much for bringing us this report Kim. A truly memorable experience. :D
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:13 pm

Yes, Kim. Extremely fascinating report! Very well done-thank you for doing this.

Joe
KimSolez

Post by KimSolez » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:02 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments! Much appreciated! - Kim
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:35 pm

Kim,

Thanks so much for the wonderful story and photos. By all accounts, Leonard seems to be a wonderful host. The meals laid out, looked delicious. Yes, I'm afraid I'm just a tad jealous.

What an experience for your young proteges. A chance in a lifetime and one they'll never forget.

Linda.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:56 am

I agree, Linda ~ This is a precious memory that will last all of them a lifetime, as well as a gift that will just keep on giving [back], as all three will also, for the rest of their lives, be able to attest to Leonard's having a delightful sense of humour and, contrary to all reports of his 'psychology' ~ very healthy and, even in the midst of tremendous loss, still Happy at Last!!!

I also can't tell for sure, without being able to zoom in on the photo, but it appears that Leonard is appreciating the smile on Nikki's face, whilst your robotic dog was being demonstrated :) . A lovely photo, for that alone, if that's really the case.

One of your finest memories, I have no doubt, Kim :D .

~ Lizzy
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:45 am

I thought it to be tasteful and colourful, as well.

Linda.
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:22 am

I enjoyed that. Thanks for the link, Jarkko. :D
Only just found this video of LC:
http://ca.youtube.com/user/leonardcohen?ob=4" target="_blank

This one does make me cry.

Return to “News”