I'm Your Man trailer

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:38 pm

I have ADSL, but still couldn't see it. Try, try, try again.

Linda.

Maybe I didn't wait long enough, or some such.
Diane

Post by Diane » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:16 pm

Wow, that's a tantalising glimpse.

I always love the way other artists speak of him with such reverence 8) .
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:44 pm

Finally, my computer obeyed me, and yes, a tantalizing glimpse it was! He certainly has influenced a lot of people. Amazing.

Linda.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:13 pm

Linda, I usually have disruptions with watching such videos online, so I first let my browser to fight with it (two seconds playing, stop, two sec playing, stop...) until it read it completely. Then I click play again and voila: it works like master DVD :P And it works everytime I come back to the site! Strange but I guess that's something with memory or cookies or stupid things like that.

As I understood, we don't know nothing about DVD release yet, but we have been told that Sundance Channel picked up rights for US broadcasting next year, so we'll at least have our friends there with their DVD recorders ready and on time :wink:
jurica

Post by jurica » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:55 am

lizzy & others with a slow connection. this should work:

right click the link below and choose save target as. what you'll get is a flash file that you are supposed to be able to watch without trouble (presuming you have a Flash player like 99% of people on the net do).

http://www.leonardcohenimyourman.com/lc_trailer.swf

the file is quite large (app. 14 MB) so it will take some time. hope this helps.
HolyTerror

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Post by HolyTerror » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:53 am

I have been literally PINING AWAY to see this performance since it occured a couple of years ago. I was completely gutted to miss it. Not only am I left in awe by The Great One, but I am also a gigantimous fan of Rufus, Antony, Nick and Jarvis (whose music takes me waaaaay back). Now it has been released, I shall pine no longer... I am thrilled! I am excited! It must be DVD-ed for all the world to behold!

*****Fingers crossed and thighs clenched in anxious anticipation*****
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:00 pm

Thanks for the tips for those with slow connections. And yes, Tom, that's pretty much what I wound up doing, and can now watch it perfectly. Beautifully clear and colourful!

Linda.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:52 pm

Thanks for the tips, Tom ~ if my computer currently had sound, I'd be more inclined to go ahead and try all over, again.......however, I finally got to a computer that would cooperate :D and saw it ~ with sound :D ! Have watched it at least 10 times now. Difficult to stop, actually :lol: .

This trailer is SO frustratingly BRIEF!

I want this film on DVD.

Leonard SO deserves this film to be made honouring him.

Yes ~ "This is our Shelley ~ this is our Byron ~ you know, there was an 'otherness' to the language!" [perfectly said].

I agree with all the comments I heard those who were shown said.

I am SO glad that Julie Christensen and Perla are in the film :D .

Perfect, seductive opening, Leonard's voice included ~ Even though the women Leonard actually ends up with don't present this way, Leonard's gotta love it :lol: ! Love the richness of the colours, the costumery, and perfection of the women's skin.

"This is an important man to celebrate NOW because I don't think there's going to be another Leonard Cohen." Yes.

Great photos of Leonard ~ many of my favourites ~ already in the trailer 8) .

Leonard's humility and wisdom ~ ever present.

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dem

Post by Dem » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:22 pm

Here is the page of the Toronto Film Festival http://www.e.bell.ca/filmfest/2005/film ... asp?id=145

A friend of mine years ago had said something similar with Bono about Leonard's voice.

Only that instead of "subway" she had used the word "sewer"

Dem
dantm

Post by dantm » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:01 am

Has anybody seen this today in Toronto? How was it?

In the trailer, who is that guy singing 'if it be your will' towards the end of the segment?

THANKS!
Reuben

Post by Reuben » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:25 am

lizzytysh wrote:
modem dial-up.
:lol: Busted :wink:

And, thanks for the trouble you took from my eyes
I thought it was there for good / but I now needn't try

~ Lizzy
hahahaha your v funny lizzytish
thanks for the trouble you took from her eyes / I thought it was there for good and so i never tried
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:44 pm

:lol: Thanks, Reuben [tee-hee] ~

Only in print, though :wink: ~ In person, I'm much too shy; and with that, my timing and delivery are abyssmal. I just seem to want to hurry up and get all those words out, so I can quit speaking :lol: ! So, I'm best at being the laugher, not the laughee :lol: . I can assure you that I think funny stuff :lol: ~ and that I sure 'get it' when others speak it :wink: ! Ah, well. Too each his/her own strengths :D .

~ Lizzy

Return to “News”