It's quiztime !!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile »

It has been a pleasure to take part in this quiz. I see that I have been not much lucky in the quotes :oops: , and on the other hand the high level of the competitors (33!) :wink: .

A lot of congratulations to the Beautiful Winners.

And many many thanks to the organizer of this nice initiative and for his generosity :wink:
Tim

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the quiz, Maarten! and thanks for your generosity with the prizes
Anne

Post by Anne »

Thank you, Maarten for your amazing generosity! You have been so kind, and the quiz was so much fun! I hope we will be able to meet in Berlin. Are you planning to attend the next event?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Congratulations to all the winners :D ~ It sure would be great to find out who you are!!!

~ Lizzy
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Anne,

I'm definitly going to Berlin! I'm even bringing my father along, since he's the one who introduced my to the music of LC through his lp's. Now I'm trying to keep him up-to-date on the latest news. But that's not always easy. Last week he phoned me to tell me he had heard "some amazing good and bad news" on the radio. The good new was LC was probably going to to another tour, the bad news was about Kelley Lynch...
I had to tell him I already new about this for over half a year or so... The poor guy! :-)

Anyway: see you all in Berlin!!!

By the way: prizes will be posted sometime during the next week, I'll let everybody now privately when the stuff is on it's way!

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's awesome, Maarten, that you'll be bringing your father with you to Berlin 8) . It looks like he's got a bit of a lackadaisical son there, holding onto the info that his father had to hear first on the everyday news. Granted, it's not the best news. As a matter of fact, as I'm writing this, I am recalling that I have also not mentioned that debacle to my former husband, either....in the same length of time. So, I guess I might want to recant on that "lackadaisical" bit :roll: , as there's been something about not wanting to spread the bad news, and I guess hoping for a good outcome that I can relate in tandem with it, instead, when that time comes. Why do you feel you had not kept him fully up-to-date?

It'll be great to meet both you and him, he who introduced you. It's like the reverse of Paula and Megan ~ generational in the other direction :D .

This contest with its prizes was a very thoughtful thing for you to do. I'm sorry I didn't participate, but my time is really maxed out. I get to come here, but pretty much only as I'm able to slot in a few minutes here and there, and almost none from home.

~ Lizzy
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Lizzytysh,

First of all: I had to look up the word "lackadaisical", but couldn't find a good translation... I know what "lack" means (not having, or not interested in it, right?). Something like that...

Anyway, I guess it's my dad's own fault that he didn't REMEMBER this news.

1) I had emailed him the same day I read the news on the Files (with the link to the Files and my own analysis). And I had even spoken about it with him.

2) Then there's MSN: I often chat with both my parents on MSN, and for about 3 months my nickname there was something like: "Maarten - LC: new tour, new book, new DVD and new television special !!!". So he MUST have read it, I guess.

3) Later on, I also sent him the cartoon that was posted somewhere here from the Motreal Gazette of Aug 10 2005 and explained him again why this cartoon was "funny". (even though I don't like what happened to LC, I still find it amusing to see this cartoon)
http://www.canada.com/montreal/montreal ... /0818.html

So I did try to keep him up to date, but I guess he's just getting old... lol (he's already 51 years old!!! hahaha).

By the way: he's the best dad ever! There's only one list of mine where LC comes in second: my dad's on top of my list: "Who would you like to be or become?"

See you in Germany,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Ah, okay ~ well, then, not the same case at all :lol: .

I'll give you the definition I found when I had to double-check my spelling on lackadaisical ~ I'd had an s in there that didn't belong, as I've always said "lacksadaisical" ~ "1. being without vigor or spirit; listless; 2. lazy; indolent." The lacking in vigor or spirit wouldn't have been in regard to you in any way other than 'regarding the imparting of information to your father.'

Nice tribute to your father on the list where Leonard comes in second :D .

~ Lizzy
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Thanks Lizzy.
:D

Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

thanks for posting the answers
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
linmag

Post by linmag »

I still can't believe that I actually won! Not with all the real Cohen experts there are on this site. Thanks, guys, for holding off and allowing a beginner her moment of glory :)

And thanks once again, Maarten, for your extraordinary generosity with the prizes.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Linmag ~

The Holder of the Lyrics :wink: ala Hydra ala Here ~ YOU DESERVE THIS 8) !!!

Good on you for sticking with it and tracking down all those evasive answers :) .

Congratulations, my friend :D ! What did the treasure box hold :D ?

Love,
Lizzy
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi guys,

Late at night here, but just letting you know that in about 10 hours the prizes will be on their way... First I'm going to get some sleep...

Goodnight,
Maarten

linmag

Post by linmag »

Hi Lizzy

I really enjoyed ferreting out the answers. Some of them were a real challenge, and broadened my internet horizons quite a bit. I can't imagine any other circumstances under which I would happily spend half an hour trawling around the Playboy site :lol:

Goodnight, Maarten. Sweet dreams :)
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Playboy :lol: !?! Did that relate to the recent film, i.e. one of the stars :wink: ?

Return to “News”