Win one of the autographed items

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Paula

Post by Paula » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:59 pm

Well done all winners :cry:
Wojciech

Winner

Post by Wojciech » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:39 pm

Hi, :D
Last edited by Wojciech on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:45 pm

The winners must be over the moon!!!!!
Cheers and congradulations Larry, Wocjiech, Jade, Bobbie, Richard !!!! :D
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:18 pm

Of course, we all would have loved to win! Participating here is certainly not a prerequisite. It wasn't a Forum contest. It was a Files contest. So be it :D !

My heartfelt congratulations :D to those who did win 8) ~
Larry, Wocjiech, Jade, Bobbie, Richard ~ I know your hearts are dancing :D .

~ Lizzy
Bobbie

Post by Bobbie » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:33 pm

Thank you, Jarkko! Pretty darn cool. This is the second time I've won one of the prizes in an LC drawing, the first one being an autographed cd at the Montreal event in May 2000, which was Mother's Day weekend that year, and where I met Marc! Now that was a doubly lucky day!! I remember the Mother's Day bit because I agonized about being gone on Mother's Day, and felt obliged to clear it ahead of time with both my sons, who were still living me with me at that time. I'd only been divorced about a year, and all these little family oriented details seemed to bear so much significance at the time. They still do, of course... but at least I can put more perspective on them now.

Aside to "Tink" (which, by the way, is also the nickname of my now 25 yr. old son when he was a little tyke, so I always think of you fondly, even though I have no idea who you are) - I just want to clarify... I may not post all that often, but I post when I have something I want to say (as well as always posting under my real name, same as when I go into the chat room.) Anyway, my grandmother always used to tell me that the best way to get on in life is "keep your eyes and ears wide open, Bobbie, and your mouth shut"... I've found this philosophy works well, and has managed to keep me out of hot water on more than one occasion - not to mention that being an observer has taught me well. So although my mere 113 posts perhaps appear to be nondeserving of a prize when you are basing "deserving" on how much/often someone feels they have something to say, I would just like to point out that the Leonard Cohen world is about a lot more than the Forum and the number of posts written by any one individual. I have been an active member of this group for several years, long before Jarkko created the Forum, and have been on two organizing committees for the fan gatherings, Hydra and New York. It never occurred to me that I (or any of the other winners) deserve a prize any more or any less than anyone else.. it's just how the cookie crumbles, isn't it. There's a drawing, someone always wins, and someone always loses, which also translates over to the other apsects of our lives. No matter how many steps we take in trying to point ourselves in a certain direction, much of life is just a crap shoot.. or a prize drawing, (however you want to look at it.)

(In our good friend Parky's words)...
Alla best!
Bobbie
Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:46 pm

Bravo Wojciech......!!!!!!! I am happy for you!!!!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:48 pm

Well said, Bobbie ~ even as it extends to some who simply attend the gatherings [or not], and don't have time/inclinatio/whatever to visit the Files that much.

Enjoyed your story about Double Luck in Montreal :D .

Everyone who won deserved it :D . Luck o' the draw 8) .

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:52 pm

Sandra ~

Your avatar seems particularly fitting this time :lol: ! My personal congratulations to you, too, Wojciech :D ! I can understand what you've said regarding your infrequency here, but I hope you'll come visit more now :) .

~ Lizzy
Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:01 pm

yes lizzy.....it fits different emotional states maybe... :)
Wojciech does not come more because he is very occupied person but I know he is a great fan of L Cohen and he deserves to be a winner........!!!!!
margaret

Post by margaret » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:22 pm

Congratulations to all the winners. :D

I will take consolation in the hope that I may have an opportunity to get the new book signed in person at some point in the forthcoming tour.

We must not forget that although English may be the language of the internet, there are many fans for whom it is not their first language, and who are not so able to post here. I suspect they are in fact the quiet majority.

Margaret
Ali

Post by Ali » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:17 pm

Well done to all you lucky winners
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:37 pm

Well done everybody...everybody who entered the competition......everybody who visits the web site...everybody who visits this forum....everybody who is a Cohen fan.

Everyone deserves a 'well done'..... and the winners deserve a 'very well done' :)

Pete

p.s. great acceptance speech, Bobbie...who needs the oscars?? :D
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:17 am

Yes, congratulations to the winners - commiserations to the rest of us beautiful - but oh! so disappointed - losers! :D
Only just found this video of LC:
http://ca.youtube.com/user/leonardcohen?ob=4" target="_blank

This one does make me cry.
jurica

Post by jurica » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:07 pm

congratulations!

now, in the light of the map idea - it would be interesting to see the map of the world with our winners! there would be a dot all the way down in Chile!
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:52 pm

Pete wrote:Well done everybody...everybody who entered the competition......everybody who visits the web site...everybody who visits this forum....everybody who is a Cohen fan.

Everyone deserves a 'well done'..... and the winners deserve a 'very well done' :)
Pete, I really like and echo your sentiments! :)

If I may be a tiny bit philosophical and serious, I think the greatest lottery of all to win is that of a "fortunate life" (and my goodness, don't we have an overwhelming number of examples of massive misfortune in our world today)! :( An example my partner shared with me today, was that of her 45 yr old cousin, who not only had a rotten run of luck (or whatever else you might like to call it) for most of her life, but also ended it on the same note a couple of days ago, by dying at the hands of a hit and run driver! :cry:

Sorry for this sad note, but it just struck me that we (who have it in some reasonable measure) should be happy with the basic levels of comfort and contentment that we do have in this life. I could list these, but wouldn't know where to start/stop, so I will simply make sure that I include the capacity we in this forum surely all have, to indulge ourselves in the trancendent and inspirational music and words of Mr Cohen! :D

Andrew (Darby) :|
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~

Return to “News”