At Leonard’s last night and After Leonard’s last night

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

At Leonard’s last night and After Leonard’s last night

Post by jarkko »

https://leonardcohenfiles.com/GregGeorge.pdf
(Reflections addressed to friends the morning after Leonard Cohen’s 6th Nov. 2010 Brisbane concert; with commentary five years after his death on 7th Nov. 2016.)

Thanks to Greg George for sharing his essay with us!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
B4real

Re: At Leonard’s last night and After Leonard’s last night

Post by B4real »

Thank you, Jarkko for that long but interesting article!
I also was at that concert in the centre front row ...Ah, such wonderful memories that will live forever :D
https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 64#p256188

EDIT: On a lighter note, I reckon Greg would remember seeing me do this on that night ;-)
https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 15#p256235
I found out later on that he still had it!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Greg George

Post by Greg George »

Thanks for the kanga memory, Beverley. The disadvantage of recording an experience at length while fresh is that your recollection of the experience then becomes just those reflections. But your reminder and some of the contemporary posts I followed from your link revived buried memories.
Greg
B4real

Post by B4real »

Hi Greg,
Ah, yes, memories ...
Glad you remembered the singing, flying kangaroo and enjoyed reading and re-living other memories of that concert! Upon re-reading the thread again it also brought back to me some bitter-sweet memories. Besides Leonard, there are two forum members who posted in this thread that have also since passed away. As well, an old friend (and forum member) who I went to this concert with passed away on the same day of the week and month of November as Leonard did, but 4 years later. This concert, also in November, was her last night at an LC concert.

"For I have been thru many lives
& no one follows me
I am what you were last night
& I am what you’ll be"

~ LC
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “News”