Five Things I've Learned: The Life, Music, and Legacy of Leonard Cohen

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
vlcoats

Five Things I've Learned: The Life, Music, and Legacy of Leonard Cohen

Post by vlcoats »

Hi everyone,

I have not seen this in my news alerts for our forum, so some of you may not know about it. As part of the visiting "Leonard Cohen: A Crack in Everything" exhibit at the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco, they are offering an online workshop presented by Sylvie Simmons. Here is the link for it https://www.thecjm.org/programs/977?utm ... ws_general. It includes four 90 minute sessions. Each is $40 or you can do all 4 for $80. They are Zoom meetings.. so hopefully after the forced reliance on virtual connections after the Covid fun, many of you may be comfortable with using Zoom. If you can't attend the times... you will be able to have access to them afterwards via Zoom recordings.

Sylvie Simmons is of course very familiar to all of you, but it was her biography that was suggested to me by 4 (I think?) when I first came to the forum to ask how to proceed in knowing Leonard. It was that book, along with listening to his music in the chronological order suggested by 4, and the guidance from Jean, Alan, B4 and all of our forum members, that laid the foundation for my "alpha journey" as B4 has christened it. I remember struggling to hear Sylvie's voice in Montreal in the chapel and thinking how ethereal she seemed. Maybe that is why Leonard trusted her (if he did... I am just supposing).

I have talked Dave (my partner in crime and skeptical Leonard fan) into letting me watch the workshop. Considering our trip to Montreal and Hydra, I am sure he considers it a bargain. ;-)

Vickie

Return to “News”