A SINGER MUST DIE online streaming

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
WiTS

A SINGER MUST DIE online streaming

Post by WiTS »

https://artoftimeensemble.com/a-singer- ... ually-live

FREE STREAMING
MAY 6, 2021 @ 7:30PM - MAY 9, 2021 @ 7:30PM
https://youtu.be/ryTOP3wFl0g
············································································································
2008-06-29 Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury Festival; 2008-07-17 O2 Arena, London
Leonard Cohen Chinese Fansite since 2008 http://site.douban.com/137869/
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
Joe Way

Re: A SINGER MUST DIE online streaming

Post by Joe Way »

Thank you, WITS-that was beautiful! If I'm correct it is only available for the next day or two. I highly urge everyone to experience these lovely Canadian covers of Leonard's work.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
vlcoats

Post by vlcoats »

I agree with Joe! Just to see the faces of the artists as they performed was proof of their respect and admiration for Leonard's work. He has truly done it . Although one could argue whether the man himself has succeeded in achieving immortality (not that I believe immortality was ever Leonard's goal), the body of work he left behind has certainly arrived there.

I know some of his fans may have no interest in hearing his songs and poetry performed by anyone but the man himself (or one of his band members), but I don't think I could hear a Leonard Cohen song or poem that didn't stir me, regardless who performed it. Yes Dave, even if it The Ramones performed The Stranger Song, or Donald Trump recited If It Were Spring. ;-)

Anyway.... my point is, just watch it if you can. Steven Page's singing voice was great, and the expressions on the faces of the piano player and the 2 women playing strings were priceless. (Sorry I didn't catch their names.... I only caught Steven Page's because he used to be with the Barenaked Ladies).

Vickie
Janetld

Post by Janetld »

Thank you for posting, it’s absolutely beautiful. So good I watched it twice!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Thank you so much WITS for posting this link!

Vicoats, I am one of those who prefer to hear only LC doing his songs, but, this was phenomenal!

The musical ensemble was absolutely brilliant and yes, the two ladies on strings were exceptional. My favorite was Tom Wilson's 'Who by Fire' - he evoked all the pathos this song deserves. My least favorite, DMTTEOL. Arrangement was not to my liking and it seemed like the singer and the music were out of sync. She seemed to be going one way and the arrangement another way. The unusual arrangement of 'Closing Time' threw me for a loop in the beginning but I quickly started to appreciate the way Tim Wilson brought out the sorrow (not quite the right word) that is in some of the lyrics and fun in the others. The harmonizing on Hallelujah was beautiful.

I agree with Joe - hope everyone gets to see this before it disappears from youtube.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

A lovely show ! A big thank you to WiTS for informing us about it !!

Thank you , Steve
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

This doesn't seem to have been taken down yet and is still available via the link provided in WiTS post above:

After accessing the link SELECT: - Streaming page - then hit the Play icon.

Happy viewing!
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam

Return to “News”