Memorial Box Set re-scheduled to 2021

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
anothermarianne

Re: Memorial Box Set re-scheduled to 2021

Post by anothermarianne »

There seems to be problems with the United Hearts Foundation and the refunds for the Montreal box that I, and I suppose many others, have paid for. No refund so far, to me it seems there is more behind this than"processing problems". Do you know Jarkko what is going on? I am worried, to be honest.
Cairn1902

Post by Cairn1902 »

I have received 2 emails stating that my refund will be with me “in the next few days”, that was 10 days ago! Living in Scotland, I’m sure that “Exchange Rate Issues” will mean that I will not receive a “full refund”.

“Someone” is making money out of this situation. Like Leonard, perhaps his fans are too trusting with people who offer to “look after our money”.

He would be so disappointed, as he loved all his fans so much.
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Friends,

This email was just sent out concerning the refunds for folks who purchased the Montreal Leonard Cohen Memorial Events Box Set. Check your spam box if you haven't received it.
We had previously notified you that we would be unable to guarantee delivery this year of the Montreal Leonard Cohen Memorial Events Box Set and were authorizing a refund to your credit card. Unfortunately, we have encountered a series of issues with the payment processor tasked with issuing the refunds. We are doing our best to expedite the process. We are as frustrated as you are with the delays.

Please know that your refund will be issued. We are sorry for the delays and the inconvenience this has caused. We work on this every day and ask for your patience.

Sincerely,
Unified Heart Productions Foundation
Marie
Speaking Cohen
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Yep, received that mail also, have full confidence that it will be ok in the next few days or so. Thanks Jarkko for your assistance !
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I just received the e-mail. They can’t possibly be as frustrated as I am but at least they are acknowledging there is a problem.

Thank you Jarkko and Marie for following up with them and keeping us informed.

Wendy
anothermarianne

Post by anothermarianne »

This is all very sad. I have not received any emails from Unified Heart Productions Foundation that are referred to on this forum. I ordered and paid for the Montreal Memorial Box on the very first day the offer was released by Jarkko. My reflection: the explanations from UHPF are very vague and the email has not been signed by a person in charge with the UHFP. The most likely explanation is that when the box did not sell as expected the production had to be stopped. But the money received from customers have been spent. I have searched information on UHFP:s web site, but there is nothing. One of the directors of the UHPF is Adam Cohen, what does he say about this embarrassing situation? If the UHFP has a good explanation they`d better tell us.
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

Yes, it seems to me that they have pulled the plug on this release mainly due to the negative feedback on this forum. I would be surprised if this box set is ever released but rather suspect in time we will see it carved up into more affordable separate releases.
mutti

Post by mutti »

One thing I know for sure is that you can trust Jarkko & Marie 100% that the funds will be returned. Not sure what is happening but I completely have trust in them both in working out the problem.
Cheers!
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LHHUNTER wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:23 pm Yes, it seems to me that they have pulled the plug on this release mainly due to the negative feedback on this forum.
it's not right to blame forum members.
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

Geoffrey, Let me be clear, no one is blaming anyone on this Forum. The fact is however that there has been many negative comments from forum members regarding this release; particularly the cost. Maybe UHFP hoped that this box set would sell out quickly at the presale price but when this didn't happen they have decided to dump it.
They should be honest with us and return funds now.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LHHUNTER wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:26 pm Geoffrey, Let me be clear, no one is blaming anyone on this Forum. The fact is however that there has been many negative comments from forum members regarding this release; particularly the cost. Maybe UHFP hoped that this box set would sell out quickly at the presale price but when this didn't happen they have decided to dump it.
They should be honest with us and return funds now.
thank you. it was good of you to clear that up.

the explanation given by the UHFP is "we have encountered a series of issues" - without saying what those issues are. this entire matter is bad publicity on the name of leonard cohen, of course, so let's hope it is quickly resolved.
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

While I don't have the depth of information that Jarkko & Marie have, I am very confident that our money is in safe hands and will be returned to us and that we will eventually receive the Box Set. Despite the few negative comments that appeared on the forum, many, many box sets were sold so there would be no reason to pull the plug on this very intriguing remembrance.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Joe Way wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:25 am ...many, many box sets were sold ...

I am not trying to be difficult, but I am genuinely curious as to how you know that. And, what, exactly, is "many, many"? Perhaps you have been made privy to details that have not been publicised.

The thing is, this entire enterprise has been shrouded in secrecy and vagueness from the very beginning, with rather more unanswered questions than not. Had I been one of the "many, many", I am not sure that I'd share your confidence. However, best of luck to everyone, of course.
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi Lisa,
First of all you realize that it is a numbered set, if I recall correctly of 300 boxes, so many, many would be a subset of that. All I can say is that I was asked to test out the original website and those folks told me that sales despite the negative comments here were brisk. I'm am very sure that it is logistical problems that have delayed the delivery and the refund. Please be confident that that there is no nefariousness. Jarkko, Marie, Adam etc. would never permit that.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Thanks, Joe -- good to know! All the best!

Return to “News”