Waiting For The News To Come

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Waiting For The News To Come

Post by jarkko »

Follow This Thread.
First The Countdown.
Then The News.
All This Before August 1st.

Marie & Jarkko

UPDATE, Thursday July 30, 2020:
Go to page # 5 of this thread to read more, and to follow The Countdown
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
AlanM

Re: Waiting For The News To Come

Post by AlanM »

Cohen with a capital "C"
And that rhymes with "P" and that stands for pool!

More likely to be Patience right here in River City.

I, for one, have been well trained.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
icecreamtruck

Post by icecreamtruck »

WHAT?!

Could we actually have something to look forward to?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”
― Aristotle
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
DennisBerlin

Post by DennisBerlin »

A little guess (and much greater wish)

May it be the mysterious song "Captain" discussed in the thread below..?

https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=38780

Very exciting...

At least August is not that far away anymore.

Dennis
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

:D About 450 hours for Jarkko to enjoy our "Patience " and he does enjoy it ! :D
B4real

Post by B4real »

;-) "No words this time? No words." ~ LC

Waiting ....... by Edgar Degas
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

I am happy to wait.

Do we get any sort of clue what we are waiting for?

If not a clue - maybe a hint?
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
phillip

Post by phillip »

what is it an album?????
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Patience is a virtue I still need a lot of practice on. So I can,t resist the urge to speculate what the news is.
Will it be a book? Probably not I guess,
An album, yes there still is material out there to release, remember Patrick Leonard in Amsterdam where he said that there was a lot of material already finished similar to “ string reprise treaty”?
It could of course also be an DVD with an entire concert and or clips of live performances from the last tour. There is a lot of excellent songs to chose from.

The black horse could be a series of concerts with Cohens songs by Adam together with the entourage of the last tours. That would certainly be news.

So are there any other possibilities? Please share! Nothing else to do until augustus 1 is there ;-)
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
meglos2000

Post by meglos2000 »

I’m hoping for a series of archive releases of concerts from throughout his career.

A bit like the Bob Dylan bootleg series.

Exciting to know something is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robcarr

Post by robcarr »

I am really excited for it. I will wait patiently.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: AlanM, I love your adaptation ditty! :lol:

Perfection for the "P" situation that we clearly are so lucky, so fortunate, so blessed to find ourselves in now. The timing couldn't possibly be more perfect, either. So often on Facebook, we Leonard Cohen people express longing for Leonard during these harrowing times, what he might be saying or singing to bring us comfort as we struggle to deal with Trump, with the ruthless murder of George Floyd, and now with COVID-19 and its universal impacts, as well.

Having something to actually look forward to that directly relates ~ somehow ~ to our beloved Leonard is a kind of comfort in itself. Leonard on the horizon... :D 8) :D WoW It doesn't even matter what it is... it's a breath of nourishing air during a time that breathing free has been severely constricted, figuratively or literally. WELCOME to ANY iteration of Leonard. We need you. We need you. We need you now. Yes. We will wait.

We've relatively recently been given a book "The Flame" ~ we've even more recently been given an album "Thanks for the Dance" ~ what might the medium be for a new gift now. Robert Kory or whomever we have to thank for helping keep Leonard's work alive would likely vary the form, as Leonard himself might have. So, what would align with this? My guess would be, perhaps, a video release? Words, sound... visuals.

Whatever it is, it must be very special that we would be given such advance notice for our anticipation to build! I'm rather glad I came to this a bit late, for now my own waiting has been pleasantly abbreviated. August is all the closer for me! My mind and my heart warmly anticipate this coming connection. Whatever it is... it truly does not matter. In some form or fashion, it remains... it's Leonard. That is all that matters. :D 8) :D

Thank you, Jarkko, for leting us know that Leonard is still watching out for us through his emissaries, for whom we are all so grateful. Leonard, we love you. Robert Kory and your crew, we thank you.

Much love,
Lizzie
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Martinv

Post by Martinv »

Beautifull words Lizzie,

"This all before the 1e of August", could be tomorrow too :D
1976 Amsterdam, 1988 Amsterdam, 2004 Rotterdam, 2010 Gent, 2012 Amsterdam, 2013 Rotterdam, 2013 Amsterdam
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you so much, Mar tinv (or Martinv?) !! :D

You're RIGHT, and I hadn't even considered that!! I locked in on August, when it could be ANY day up to and including August 1st (or beyond... depending... as target dates and deadlines go)!!

The only thing I know for sure is that, historically and across time, when Jarkko invokes the "P" word, it is with good cause!

I love Aristotle's quote, posted not coincidentally by Jarkko himself (I would say he surely knows of what he speaks)... an eloquent depiction of my more pedestrian, oft-stated "Good things are worth waiting for!"

I would say we need to put our trust in Jarkko and time... as Patience would dictate! :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “News”