Waiting For The News To Come

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
B4real

Re: NOW THE COUNTDOWN: Waiting For The News To Come

Post by B4real » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:45 am

So nice to see everyone's thoughts and words!
Yeah, Alan I’m not a Kath & Kim fan but I surely know what you mean!

I can’t believe how long a short time span takes while you’re waiting……waiting for something anticipatedly pleasing to come! Time seems to be moving so slow since the introduction of the countdown clock.
Well, Leonard always said he likes it slow so I guess that’s how it goes :)
You know, I remember Einstein found that time is not a set thing, so at the speed I’m moving now from my point of view, that definitely proves it!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:23 am

It's very warm and very loving, and I enjoyed it very much, Dennis. I like your various applications of 10. :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
bigdee

Post by bigdee » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:26 am

So I have been think about what the news may be and I think it may have to do with The Future 1993 tour. Maybe a new interactive website with interviews, reviews, photos, setlists, concert recordings of the tour? There are a few clues that are pointing me in this direction. The first is of course the reappearance of the hummingbird as many have already noticed and commented on. The second clue is not so obvious and not within this thread but is here on the forum for those that have been paying attention to the other sections. Recently one Mr. Devlin has stated he is working on a project related to the 1993 tour and has been asking questions looking for set lists for certain shows and a certain photo of LC and Rebecca he remembers seeing somewhere but can't locate. Then there is also the timing Jarkko put within the original announcement of "countdown then the news all this BEFORE August 1st" and today's follow up announcement from Jarkko saying there is a delay due to the complex and ambitious nature of the project. The 1993 tour ended 27 years ago today (July 30th), so my guess is the original plan was to start the countdown a few days ago and then announce the news today and launch the website to commemorate the anniversary of the end of the tour. So maybe when it became obvious to the team involved they would not be able to meet that timeline the decision by Jarkko to give us an update and start the countdown clock today (on the same day the tour ended) was another clue he left for us to find. Then there is the fact the delay is because production crew needed more time to finish the project. As Yopietro already pointed out, if there was a new physical album coming out there would be no need to delay an announcement for the production team to finish work since the album would surely come weeks/months after the announcement. So it seems to me it has to be something that is web based that will exist for us all to enjoy as soon as the announcement is made. So when I add up the parts the sum I get is its a 1993 tour project :) and I sure hope there will be similar projects for the other older tours to come!
1993: Philadelphia July 15 2008: Montreal June 23,24,25 2009: NYC Feb 19/ Columbia May 11/ Philadelphia May 12/ Waterbury May 14/ NYC May 16,17/ Boston May 29,30/ Philadelphia Oct 22/ NYC Oct 23/ Cleveland Oct 25 2010: Vegas Dec 10,11 2012: Boston Dec 15,16/ NYC Dec 18,20 2013: NYC Apr 6,7
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:39 am

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
AlanM

Post by AlanM » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:41 am

Is the blue spinning circle a clue?
Can a red herring be blue?
Perhaps.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:46 pm

Dear Jarkko,

Are you not aware that Finland is a signator of the United Nations Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhumane or Degrading Treatment or Punishment?

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:36 pm

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:49 pm

Ha Ha Ha... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sitting alone in my room laughing out loud at the content of all the responses that have appeared since my last one above. We are being forced to be so creative in our thinking and expression! (GREAT one, 4!) And, wow, the detail of yours, bigdee! Well done on that very beautiful, turning 9, Jarkko! And, yes, I've always loved that quote about trees. This is so much better than if it had all concluded "by August 1st." I'll be happy for the surprise, yet will miss all the speculation!
~ Oscar Wilde
yopietro

Post by yopietro » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:57 pm

bigdee wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:26 am
So I have been think about what the news may be and I think it may have to do with The Future 1993 tour. Maybe a new interactive website with interviews, reviews, photos, setlists, concert recordings of the tour? There are a few clues that are pointing me in this direction. The first is of course the reappearance of the hummingbird as many have already noticed and commented on. The second clue is not so obvious and not within this thread but is here on the forum for those that have been paying attention to the other sections. Recently one Mr. Devlin has stated he is working on a project related to the 1993 tour and has been asking questions looking for set lists for certain shows and a certain photo of LC and Rebecca he remembers seeing somewhere but can't locate. Then there is also the timing Jarkko put within the original announcement of "countdown then the news all this BEFORE August 1st" and today's follow up announcement from Jarkko saying there is a delay due to the complex and ambitious nature of the project. The 1993 tour ended 27 years ago today (July 30th), so my guess is the original plan was to start the countdown a few days ago and then announce the news today and launch the website to commemorate the anniversary of the end of the tour. So maybe when it became obvious to the team involved they would not be able to meet that timeline the decision by Jarkko to give us an update and start the countdown clock today (on the same day the tour ended) was another clue he left for us to find. Then there is the fact the delay is because production crew needed more time to finish the project. As Yopietro already pointed out, if there was a new physical album coming out there would be no need to delay an announcement for the production team to finish work since the album would surely come weeks/months after the announcement. So it seems to me it has to be something that is web based that will exist for us all to enjoy as soon as the announcement is made. So when I add up the parts the sum I get is its a 1993 tour project :) and I sure hope there will be similar projects for the other older tours to come!
Interesting thoughts. Thanks for sharing Bigdee. It seems that an interactive website could be something complex that unlike the announcement of a release of an album, a new concert video, or a new collection of poetry, would need more time for production work.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:43 pm

Well, let me see... A LOT to choose from as to the many, possible applications of the term "complex" and "complexity."

Jarkko's own announcement stated, in part, " . . . but because the project is quite ambitious and complex . . . "

pironi followed up, isolating and focusing upon the single word "complex," and suggested Googling the word, and provided its definition "consisting of many different and connected parts" ~ and then very pointedly said, "So... ???", as though the significance of that definition was significant enough to stand alone.

And maybe it DOES stand alone! It was one of only two terms that Jarkko provided. Sooooo, perhaps, therein, per the definition of the word, lies a CLUE.

Taking it a step further, the Googled definition of "ambitious": "(of a plan or piece of work) intended to satisfy high aspirations and therefore difficult to achieve." Well, what do you know, the definition provided is precisely 10 words!

I soooo admire the ability of contributors here to take their fine tooth comb to the immense and varied body of Leonard's work, and actually come up with potential possibilities [redundancy intentional]!

The only thing that I know for sure, given the definitions of the words Jarkko provided is that:

The components will be "connected," and my guess is that the common, silver/gold thread is Leonard. I wonder if he offered any suggestions for possible, future projects, or if the ideas and decisions related to this one are the work of Robert Kory and his team.

Given that the assessment of this project is that it's "quite ambitious," the commitment of this team to the quality of this project is, by definition, clearly unrelenting, even if their commitment translates to delays. They care and want this project to be worthy of Leonard, and for us, who love him so, to be both grateful and happy to have it.

I am SO looking forward to it!! :D
~ Oscar Wilde
B4real

Post by B4real » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:46 am

Hehe! Looking at the latest clue, Jarkko could have gone into the Ancestry business and the "production team" have been slowly building some sort of LC family tree ;-)

I know from first hand experience that such an undertaking is most definitely "ambitious" and always "complex" but the results are so rewarding :D
Last edited by B4real on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
199Dan

Post by 199Dan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:00 am

:shock: 6 PM Boston, Ma Eastern Time

It is August 1 some where :?:
B4real

Post by B4real » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:03 am

Yeah Dan, at this very moment in time in Eastern Australia it is 8:03 am Saturday morning 1st August 2020 :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:11 am

Omg, that would be SO COOL, Bev. And if it's NOT this time... maybe the NEXT!! 8) THAT possibility NEVER occurred to me!!
~ Oscar Wilde
B4real

Post by B4real » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:19 am

Lizzy, I should clarify "some sort of LC family tree" in case you're thinking actual DNA ancestry.
I'm meaning the results and associations of what he has done in his lifetime connected to the hummingbird.

Return to “News”