Sharon:A Thousand Kisses Deep – My Time with Leonard Cohen

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Sharon:A Thousand Kisses Deep – My Time with Leonard Cohen

Post by jarkko »

SHARON ROBINSON: “A Thousand Kisses Deep – My Time with Leonard Cohen”

From Sharon:
I wanted to let you know that I’ll be touring soon in North America with a new solo show called, “A Thousand Kisses Deep - My Time with Leonard Cohen.”

It’s an hour-long show consisting of stories and music, a loving tribute to my collaborator and friend.

- I will send full details shortly, including show info and ticket links.

Promo video: https://www.everybluemoonconcerts.org/b ... n-robinson
Sharon Robinson is a Grammy-winning songwriter, singer and record producer. While she is best known as a frequent writing collaborator with Leonard Cohen, she has also written songs for a number of chart-topping artists including The Pointer Sisters, Aaron Neville, Brenda Russell, Diana Ross, Don Henley, Michael Bolton, Randy Crawford, Patti LaBelle, Roberta Flack, The Temptations, and others.

“Co-writer of Everybody Knows, My Secret Life, Waiting for the Miracle, Alexandra Leaving, Boogie Street, so many other tunes I’m honored to sing, my friend and collaborator, the incomparable Sharon Robinson”
– Leonard Cohen

Sharon also toured extensively with Cohen from 2008 to 2013, doing backing vocals and solos for millions of fans around the world in arenas and stadiums, including Madison Square Garden, Coachella, Radio City, Royal Albert Hall, Red Rocks, the O2 Arenas, and Radio City Music Hall. Leonard Cohen’s fans have fast become Sharon’s fans, many of whom have expressed a great interest in hearing more from Sharon Robinson both musically and to hear her intimate perspective on the many years of working with Leonard Cohen. As a result, Sharon has decided to share the story of her collaboration with Cohen in a brand-new show called, “A Thousand Kisses Deep – My Time with Leonard Cohen”. She will take us through their nearly 40-year collaboration with a behind-the-scenes narrative, combined with performances of songs they wrote together and photographic imagery.

In recent years, Sharon has toured on her own, supporting her albums, “Everybody Knows,” and “Caffeine,” playing venues from 150-350 capacity. In 2016, as part of a 20-city tour, she sold out 2 nights at the 350 cap Minard Theater in Ghent, Belgium, and had similar successes around Europe and North America.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
HelenD

Re: Sharon:A Thousand Kisses Deep – My Time with Leonard Cohen

Post by HelenD »

This sounds wonderful. I hope you can bring it to the UK as well Sharon.
holydove

Post by holydove »

Thank you, Sharon & Jarkko, for letting us know about this. What a lovely idea, & I hope to have the privilege of attending the show!
christineanne

Post by christineanne »

HelenD wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:43 pm This sounds wonderful. I hope you can bring it to the UK as well Sharon.
What a good idea! :)
Niarchos

Post by Niarchos »

Please Sharon, do bring your show to UK. I went to Perla's show in London recently, at the Union Chapel, and the atmosphere was fantastic. Can't imagine it would be any less magical for you if you come.
mutti

Post by mutti »

I'd love to hear Sharon sing again! Hope she travels up the west coast to Seattle area.
Cheers!
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
ddanyc

Post by ddanyc »

The Loft at City Winery in New York City has announced Sharon's show for April 21. Tickets are now available. The website is citywinery.com/newyork.

Return to “News”