LC stamps & collectibles by Canada Post

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
mutti

Re: LC stamps & collectibles by Canada Post

Post by mutti »

I was very lucky to see the postal truck in Vancouver on Tuesday! It was a thrill to see it live!
It was random as I was driving down a back lane looking for parking and there it was...
The driver had only heard of Leonard from hearing Hallelujah on Shrek but told me his customers have been educating him. Of course I had a lot to tell him too...
A big thank you to Jim Phillips Director, Stamp Services of Canada Post for his involvement in making these stamps come to life!
Also want to thank Albert & James Noonan in Dublin for adjusting the settings on the photos for me as it was a super sunny morning.
Cheers Leslie 8)
IMG_3673.jpg
image2.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_0306.jpeg
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

mutti wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:39 pm I was very lucky to see the postal truck in Vancouver on Tuesday!...
Indeed -- talk about being at the right place at the right time! That is so awesome -- thanks for the pics! :D
B4real

Post by B4real »

Good one, Leslie! And glad to see you are spreading the LC word 8)
You know, sometimes there’s no such thing as a coincidence - maybe you were guided from afar ;-)
Last edited by B4real on Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Wow! Lucky you Les. You’ve done better than we have here in Montreal but we are still hopeful ...

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Chris Cartwright snapped a photo of one of the street letter boxes in Toronto (this one is near Yonge and Dundas Square, which is one of the busiest/most visible locations in downtown Toronto). These boxes are now present in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, along with the wrapped trucks.

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Chengyi Chan sent us some photos of LC stamps unveiling event. After the official unveiling, Michel Rivard performed two LC songs (Dance me to the end of love and Famous Blue Raincoat).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

We saw two of the LC letter boxes today on and near the Main in Montreal. Still looking for the postal truck though.

Had to shop around a bit to buy the stamps. Some places are already sold out with no guarantee they will get more stock.

Wendy
christineanne

Post by christineanne »

I saw the stamps then forgot to do anything about it and thought I'd missed out, BUT I belong to 'Postcrossing' https://www.postcrossing.com/ The goal of this project is to allow anyone to send and receive postcards from all over the world! The idea is simple: for each postcard you send, you will receive one back from a random postcrosser from somewhere in the world.

I had a sentence in my profile about liking LC and just look what a thoughtful and generous postcrosser in Ontario sent me! (The package also included a small, promotional magazine about the stamps) I'm delighted :D
Attachments
1574882615506crop.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

christineanne wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:19 pm ...just look what a thoughtful and generous postcrosser in Ontario sent me! (The package also included a small, promotional magazine about the stamps) I'm delighted :D

Is that ever nice! I am sure that made your day!
B4real

Post by B4real »

Maybe this post box featured in the link below is on a street near you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGwdYUYmc8

"You look good, you really do
They love you on the street"....
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “News”