New manager, extensive world touring...

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
mara

Post by mara »

OMG how great
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I thought I'd never be able to see him and now :shock:
I'm stuned. I just so hope he comes somewhere I can go.
I think he should come to Munich *nods*. Munich's such a great town :wink:
happy happy day
icecreamtruck

Post by icecreamtruck »

linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

ICT,

Boy, has Feldman's office ever grown since I left! I should never have left. :(

Thanks for the update.

Linda.
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

linda_lakeside wrote:Boy, has Feldman's office ever grown since I left!
It seems churlish to suggest there may be a connection, but i won't let that stop me.

p.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

It may sound churlish but, in fact, it isn't.

Linda.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Partisan,

In the sense of 'fair play', I think you should know that what you just said made no sense whatsoever. You have made assumptions on something I said to someone else.

You, of all people, should know better.

Linda.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Leonard's certainly in good company, isn't he? I wonder if his good friend, Joni Mitchell, may have been instrumental in this connection being made. If not, she must surely be supportive.

Ha. Just realized my pun.....guess she called him on the phone and played a tune.
lightning

Post by lightning »

Re: NYC Venue Considering the lack of attention the New York Press paid to the Leonard Cohen Event, the press' lack of appreciation for Dear Heather, and American audiences callow contempt for old age probably a medium size venue like The Beacon on the Upper West Side will be the place, not Carnegie Hall or something bigger. He had trouble filling the Paramount in 1993. Dylan and Merle Haggard are playing the Beacon next week, Nina Simone made her last NYC appearance there, it's a good place for enduring old stars to meet with their enduring old audiences. My congratulations to Leonard for planning to rise from his ashes and not fade away.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

It seems like SFLA agency has same pages on their site in various versions. (This one obviously isn't finished, it's without LC's pic and in different font style.) - I found the site thru google but there was no Leonard before Norah Jones as on this page icecreamtruck linked. When I go to News section, sometimes I get the latest news (Tsunami shows) and sometimes the news from 2002.
Now again: I go to Artists, and there's Leonard. Then I go back to Artists, and Diana Krall is first, there's no Leonard. :? Strange.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Feldman's office was primarily a booking agency for talent in the Vancouver area. There were a few artists booked for management but nothing really big (Bryan Adams as an exception - but he was handled through another office). Dianna Krall really started the international management thing (far as I know from where I am) but they have grown in leaps and bounds in just a few years. So, I don't imagine everything you might see on the web is as yet up to date.

Joni Mitchell was on Sony as well. They kicked her off the roster with the BMG merger (along with others) - I don't know how she wound up in Feldman's stable. If you feel like looking around more, try Bruce Alllen Talent, (Feldman and Allen are/were partners - much silently). I have to presume that's what you're referring to. I haven't even had my morning coffee yet.

Linda.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Linda, are you saying that you used to work there! And you don't anymore? Jesus, we could have our insider there :lol:

By the way, I wonder who Macklam is - I cann't find anything about that part of the name?

Sony-BMG merging had some good results, at least for Leonard. In many smaller Euroepan countries - like Croatia - Sony didn't have exclusive dealer (to small market I suppose) so everybody were allowed to buy and import their CDs from the storerooms of Sony Austria. The result was that there was no-one to take care of promotion, buy video clips or singles or take care about any kind of promotion at all. Croatian BMG took over Sony last year (according tot heir deal: in countries were one of them didn't have exclusive dealer, the other takes over), so now, as "exclusive Sony-BMG dealer", they have all in hands. So now you can find their office, get promo CD, videoclip for TV station, authorisation for your Loenard Cohen site i.e. 8)
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Linda, are you saying that you used to work there! And you don't anymore? Jesus, we could have our insider there
No, Tom, I did not work there. However, the company I did work for had many dealings with them, I attended many functions, meetings and the general schmoozing that goes along with all that. They are definitely a legit company. I don't know who this Macklam person is either. He/she wasn't on the scene when I lived there.

Linda.
icecreamtruck

Post by icecreamtruck »

Macklem is the name of the company. There are a few different managers there. I would maybe dare to say that you DO have an insider there.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

ICT,

Hmm. Do tell. When I was there, Sam was THE manager, Denise was his assistant and was just leaving for Much.

Linda.

I promise to tell no one. I'm very interested in what's going on in my beloved Vancouver.

Don't you think the Orpheum would be the 'only' room for LC? After all, that's where he usually plays (I love that place). I think at least one of the songs from Cohen Live was recorded from the Orpheum.
Linda

Post by Linda »

So many fun and exciting fun things to come. Great!

I am waiting to hear the book is finished!
Linda

Return to “News”