New manager, extensive world touring...

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
heatherly

Post by heatherly » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:52 pm

I'm in tears....this is the news I've waited for for 10 + years!!!!! What a beautiful day!!!

Heather
Maarten

Post by Maarten » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:13 pm

Hello,

Well, I've read the good news earlier today, but was too happy to write anything down... Most of all, I can't wait to see him live at last (my first time), but I'm very curious to see which footage will appear on the DVD aswell... And of course anxcious to hear new music and read the new poems... What a great day this is!

I'll try to go to several concerts too...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
The Other Stranger

Post by The Other Stranger » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:53 pm

The pertainant question now is: will this upcoming tour include Vancouver?

Charles
"Hope is not expection that things will turn out well, it is the belief that there is meaning no matter how things turn out." -Vaclov Havel
Maarten

Post by Maarten » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:01 am

Stranger,

I think everybody here on the Forum is hoping for a show in his/her city. So I'd like a concert in Antwerp, Belgium after the one in Vancouver...

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
linmag

Post by linmag » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:39 am

Anywhere in the UK will do me. How long have I got to save up? Because I shall want to go to every one within travelling distance!
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Godwyn

Post by Godwyn » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:07 am

Touring?! What a surprise!!

I was just this afternoon listenning to LC on the radio (CBC's Definately not the Opera) - the host was quoting from LC regarding Christianity and they also played Land of Plenty. It was a spiritually themed show. Anyway, that was a nice surpise but the point was that hearing LC on the radio prompted me to check out the information files just to see whether much had changed since I last checked (which was a while ago now). ... lo and behold!!

Martin

(P.S. a special hello to Linda_Lakeside and others, like me, in the Vancouver area.)
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh" - Voltaire
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:25 am

Hi there Vancouver Folks!

I just caught the tail end of DNTO - no news of the tour??? Yes, my hubbie confirms that it was mostly of a spiritual nature - still, you'd think they would've mentioned it.

I bet the flowers are flowering, the sea is seaing??? You know, spring in Vancouver??

Linda.
phillip

Leonard's tour

Post by phillip » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:51 am

Hey I have been a big fan of Leonard since 1988!!! and saw him in concert in London in 1993! Can't wait for this next tour, how exciting, please make sure you let me know of the UK tour dates, thats if he tours the UK, let me know

Thanks

phillip
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:25 pm

My computer's been "on the blink" for the last few days, and I've just managed to get it up and running again; to be hit between the eyes by Jarkko's announcement!
I still can't quite believe it:Leonard on tour again!
If so, he MUST come to Edinburgh (world city of culture, literature etc etc).
I feel tears welling up: best to lie down for a while.
Gob-smacked,
Andrew.
P.S. Pete, if it's Matlock v Edinburgh, then you've no chance :D :D
YankovicGretzky

Post by YankovicGretzky » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:56 pm

Can Macklam/Feldman get the wheels turning and speed up Leonard Cohen's induction into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame? Do they have connections?

http://www.rockhall.com
http://www.songwritershalloffame.org
Jo

Post by Jo » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:35 pm

With all due respect, I'll curb my enthusiasm until it actually happens. Not that he's likely to turn up in Cape Town...

Maybe he needs a holiday where no-one will recognise him? I'm sure you'll let me know ... :lol:
"... to make a pale imitation of reality with twenty-six juggled letters"
"... all words are lies because they can only represent one of many levels of being"
Sober noises of morning in a marginal land.
Polemos

Post by Polemos » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:14 pm

great, best news i got this year.
i share partisan's skepticism in some points, but i believe in this news, whatever the tour may be.
:D
In full command
Of every plan you wrecked
Do not choose
A coward's explanation
That hides behind
the cause and the effect
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:26 pm

Another day, another morning, and the message is still the same :D ! Glory be to G~d!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[An aside to you, Jarkko, and anyone else who may not know me so well ~ especially Partisan :P ! ~ Yes, I knew that his commentary was in the humourous/sarcastic vein. The skeptic in me, however, allowed it a shred of creedence this time around. I really should've ~ for the record ~ made that distinction clear. So, thanks for including it in your response, Jarkko.]

[An aside to you, my dear friend, Provincial Pete ~ you may not be going to Heaven, after all, because rest assured, G~d will not be bringing it to earth, nor Matlock :wink: . As for Leonard, you may very soon need to venture into some counseling, to make long-term preparations for leaving your area.]

Now, back to this resplendent-chemise news :D ! I am so thrilled to the core that all of the newcomers and younger generation folks who have been visiting the Sony Board, and the Leonard Cohen Files since 'forever,' who have never had the opportunity to see Leonard, and who thought they never would ~ and those who did have the opportunity, but for whatever reason bypassed it ~ will finally, now, have the chance to enjoy Leonard's presence and/or to make it right! I am DELIGHTED that I [and others here] will not only be able to see him, again, but that others, who never dreamed they would, will now have the chance to see him for the first time!

Having seen Leonard so many years ago, in the mid-Seventies, I feel double privileged now. What a healing, life-affirming return to the Forum, for me, after being virtually absent for three months. This means more to me than seeing, from less than a foot away, the ridges on the roof of a roaring lion's mouth.......the life-in-your-face confirmation that I needed so much. This goes even deeper and further back.

Thank you, thank you, Leonard, for caring for your appreciators and fans, enough to put yourself out there one more time for us! You surely know how much it means to us.

Love,
Elizabeth
boo kipling

Post by boo kipling » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:49 pm

yay! lets hope one of this old farts live farts are still fresh like days of yore..
it´s a shame there aint anyone commercialy known to fallow his oders..
only fake farts, and people neebling at his records and storing covers and dusty shadows of his panthion.

¨don´t trust me to show you truth,
when my truth may be only ashes and dust,
when you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself¨- B.Dylan
dick

Post by dick » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:48 pm

It'still sinking in. I may finally get to see Leonard in person! Thank you Lord, and thank you Leonard. HALLELUJAH !!!!!

Which NYC venue do people think? I'd like a Carnegie Hall revisit, but will be wherever, whenever.

Dick

Return to “News”