John Reynolds has passed away.

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
musicmania

John Reynolds has passed away.

Post by musicmania »

A legend in the Irish live music scene. He brought us many memories, and is the man responsible for bringing Leonard to Ireland, most notably Kilmainham in 2008, and Lissadell 2010. He promoted all of Leonard's Irish concerts over the 2008-2013 concert.
I spoke with him only once, after one of Sharon's solo gigs here in 2014/2015. Happy I could personally thank him. Last time I saw him was at the Nick Cave concert in June.
Gone to soon, rest easy John. Thank you for the memories.

Music promoter and Electric Picnic foun ... e/4306368
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Mabeanie1

Re: John Reynolds has passed away.

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Very sad news. I too only spoke with him once, when he helped us obtain tickets for a high profile show (not Leonard!) after I sent him an e-mail with a simple enquiry. Lovely man and a great loss to the Irish music industry.

Editing: I just remembered. I also met him at Bagel etc in Montreal last November. He was with Rob Hallett and there was lots of good natured banter between Howard and their group which I became part of. Happy memories.

Wendy
JudasPriest

Re: John Reynolds has passed away.

Post by JudasPriest »

Fantastic man - so generous and driven to create the best possible experience for the concert goer.

A huge loss.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Return to “News”