Will there be posthumous disc?

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
I'm your fan

Will there be posthumous disc?

Postby I'm your fan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Hello and Happy New Year.
It's a long time since I posted here, but I've been searching for this topic here and I couldn't find anything.
Anyway, here is my question: Will be a posthumous disc? And by "A posthumous disc" I mean "TWO" posthumous discs. After Leonard Cohen's death, the news of his rythm and blues and string recordings with Patrick Leonard came out to general public:

https://www.google.es/amp/ew.com/articl ... album/amp/

As I said before, I've been searching for more information in the forum, but I haven't found nothing.
Will the recordings be published? Will they not because they are not completed? In case they are finished, is it a productor's or family's decision? Is there a post-production process in progress of those last recordings?
In summary, I'd like to know if those records are going to see the light (aka be published...)
Can anyone show any light on my question?

By the way, I wish those recordings could see the light some day... Or some year. Most likely this year!
As I write this I realize that if it is the case, it will be more than a year after Leonard's passed away! I just have read that in October of this year, his last poems will be published. I hope it will happen the same with his last recordings.
icecreamtruck

Re: Will there be posthumous disc?

Postby icecreamtruck » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 pm

I sure hope there will be. I don't expect that it will contain either of those projects but I hope it will contain things like the new version of "Book of Longing" which is so incredible.
HugoD

Re: Will there be posthumous disc?

Postby HugoD » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:05 am

I still keep some hope that there will be an album in the (nearby?) future of unreleased songs and/or other recordings. For instance Patrick Leonard mentioned in his presentation in Amsterdam in August 2016 that they were working on different pieces similar to “ String reprise Treaty “. And, as I understood it then, they had already some finished . I would very welcome an album with those recordings. So time will tell but until then lets enjoy the works of LC that we already know ;-)
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017

Return to “News”