MONTREAL: TICKETS, LINKS AND PASSWORD

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
LC&LC

Re: MONTREAL: TICKET & PRESALE INFO

Post by LC&LC »

Dear Jarkko and Marie
we haven't got the tickets yet, but before I forget, in the climax of thrill, excitement and joy when we finally get them after all this stress and nervousness, nails bitten and boss barked at (that's going to be me today at 16h00)
THANK YOU!!!
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
Caren

Post by Caren »

Well said @LC&LC !!!

Thank you Jarkko and Marie and good luck with the tickets, friends. Very much looking forward to seeing you all in Montreal and especially to these forum members only plans Jarkko has mentioned.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

Can anyone confirm that the only way to get a top price ticket and advanced entry to the exhibition is to buy a VIP ticket at $500 and that this will only guarantee a seat from row 14 and backwards. There is also no way of guaranteeing how "OFF CENTRE" a seat will be although I assume that you can refuse a ticket twice and only go back into the waiting room if you refuse it a third time. (my experience with ticket sales sites s that if you refuse tickets they normally offer you the same tickets over and over and the only way to get alternatives is to cancel out and start again.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
Soliera

Post by Soliera »

jarkko wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:30 am Image

Here are the price levels and the seating plan!
Thank you, jarkko, this is very helpful! and I was able to register finally, here and w/evenko. Now if I could only sleep (I need it darker)
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

I am considering the Bronze VIP package. It’s a ridiculous amount of money for 2 seats that I have to buy. The extra’s such a the merchandise item, pre opening exhibit admission and the event poster are not even close tot bridging the gap between an regular seat in the Level 1 and the Bronze VIP.
But as Jarkko suggested the VIP package is more likely to provide the best places.

What I very much regret is that the Specially-designed Leonard Cohen lithograph is not available in the Bronze ( and Silver) package but only in the Gold ( way out of my league) and the “Welcome to Leonards Cohen’s Montreal Package” which costs an extra CAD 235,00.

The alternative therefore would be to buy the 2 VIP Premium Seat Packages and 1 additional “Welcome to Leonards Cohen’s Montreal Package”. This would add to roughly the same amount but in Level 2 seat.

Any thoughts on this?
Last edited by HugoD on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

Why don't you try and get the best seats possible (not VIP packages) and then add the welcome pack ($235 not $325) and that is about £523 each which is $23 more than Bronze but you might get a better seat and I think there are more gifts in the welcome package than the Bronze. If you risk one of you not getting into the exhibition then just get one welcome package.

The question we do not know is will best seats be available to non VIP buyers. They should be. Maybe you can change your mind if you reject the first tickets and then go for Bronze.

I find it all very ugly
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Thank you, it was a slip of the pen, the package is 235 and not 325. Have corrected it in my post. I will considers your suggestion about trying to buy single seats and then see what is offered.

And you're right, it is all very ugly (pricewise) but at the same time nobody is forcing us to attend. The ones of us who do attend seem to be able to make the sacrifice
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

My gut feeling is that not that many top price VIP packages will be sold. They try to cash in on these and if they sell 100 its big money for them but does not impact a lot on seat availability. A lot of these packages are sold afterwards through travel companies etc. I maybe very wrong but hope I am not.
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Just got an email from Evenko about the presale. You can go in and look at the seating chart for yourself now:

https://tickets.evenko.ca/shop/#/ac4fee ... -121604893
Marie
Speaking Cohen
DotDep

Post by DotDep »

MarieM wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:14 pm Just got an email from Evenko about the presale. You can go in and look at the seating chart for yourself now:

https://tickets.evenko.ca/shop/#/ac4fee ... -121604893
Sorry new to all of this (had to even get my daughter in law to sign me up here! Haven't got much done since l!) Will there be an actual pre sale code or the links will simply be posted in the forum?
Thank you so much for all the helpful information

From Marie -- There will be a password and a link. Each VIP package has its own link and then there is a general sales link. These will be posted in this thread at 10 a.m. EDT. When the presale opens, be sure to check the first post of this thread and the last post to find this info.
Last edited by DotDep on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

LC&LC wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:01 am Dear Jarkko and Marie
we haven't got the tickets yet, but before I forget, in the climax of thrill, excitement and joy when we finally get them after all this stress and nervousness, nails bitten and boss barked at (that's going to be me today at 16h00)
THANK YOU!!!
Exactly my thoughts, good luck to all of you!
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
JaneBK

Post by JaneBK »

By the way: I joined the Montreal Museum of Modern Art at the beginning of the year so that I could get membership perks ( like an invitation to a " members only" viewing of the LC exhibit). I expect to hear from them about that in a week or so. Membership was only $40 for the year.
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

After further study and contemplation :razz: my game plan for this afternoon will be:

First trying to have two single seats PL1 + 2 additional Montreal packages. This gives me the chance to see if there are any good seats offered, and if so make the purchase. This will at first lead to a slightly higher total costs but has the advantage that I will have the lithograph and we will still be able to visit the preview of the exhibition. Further more I will be able to offer the second Montreal Package at face value here on this forum for those who cannot make it to Montreal. Could/should cut both ways, make someone happy with a collectible and save us some money in the end ;-)

If this fails for what ever reason I will fall back on the Bronze package. :roll:

Anyhow, tension is building lets get it done!
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

Re: The MAC exhibition opening on the 9th:
I don't know if there are any tickets left at the Museum but I have 4 tickets that am I giving away.
I have to go home on the 8th.
Conny

Post by Conny »

We all hear the clock ticking and I feel the need to second what LC&LC, Caren and Bea said and felt:

Thanks to Marie & Jarkko for all their time, energy, patience and nerves they put into the organisation <3

I'm looking forward to meeting you again - let's have a great time in honor of Our Man!
1976&79: Frankfurt| 2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankf./Hamburg/Oberhausen| 2009: Cologne/Berlin/Colmar/Barcelona/Vegas/S.José| 2010: Salzburg/Berlin/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseille/Hannover/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warsaw/Vegas
2012: Gent/Amsterdam/Berlin/London/Dublin/Verona/Toulon/Paris/Barcelona/Madrid
2013: Paris/Antwerp/Mannheim/Brussels/Rome/Lucca/Berlin/Lodz/Prague/Vienna/Pula/Odense/Manchester/Leeds/London/Rotterdam/Amsterdam

Return to “News”