Now it's time to announce more happenings in Montreal. It is also possible that there will be some additions to this information. Below is what we've got so far. We will keep you updated!
According to what we have been told, on Wednesday September 20 there will also be a member presale to the Memorial concert. We have not yet received the details but will post everything as soon as we get more info (on Monday or Tuesday?)
Marie & Jarkko
A Week of Celebration of Leonard Cohen in Montreal
• Fans arrive from around the world to Montreal on November 4-5 for a week of celebration.
• Fans can download application for unique augmented reality tour of Montreal through the eyes of Leonard Cohen.
• “Tower of Song” concert at the Bell Centre on November 6th.
• Fans and celebrities have advanced tour of Exhibition at Musée d’arts contemporain de Montréal on November 6th & 7th.
• Presentation of proceeds from Concert to Canada Arts Councils, federal, provincial and local on November 6
• Outdoor laser projection of Cohen Lyrics in Old Montreal on the evening of November 7th, continuing until the 11th
• Dedication of Leonard Cohen Mural on November 8th.
• Public opening of art exhibition on November 9th.
Key Elements of Major Events
• Tower of Song Concert at Bell Centre will be a historic celebration of the work of a renowned songwriter and poet
– Confirmed artists include: ELVIS COSTELLO, LANA DEL REY, FEIST, PHILIP GLASS, K.D. LANG, THE LUMINEERS, DAMIEN RICE, STING, PATRICK WATSON, ADAM COHEN, BALLETS JAZZ DE MONTRÉAL
– Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada and Premier Philippe Coulliard of Québec
– Additional artists in process of confirmation including celebrities to read poetry selections.
– Event to be filmed as a concert/documentary to be broadcast around the world in 2018 – JACK BENDER (creator of Lost and most recently director of Mr. Mercedes), director.
• Exhibition of works inspired by the artist of Leonard Cohen at the Musée d’arts contemporain de Montréal
– Leading contemporary artists from around the world have been commissioned to create new works inspired by Leonard Cohen.
– Artists have licensed elements of Leonard Cohen’s works and applied new digital technologies to create new and unique works emotionally driven by the depth of Leonard Cohen’s art.
– Works range from VR experiences of “Hallelujah” to multiscreen acapella vocal performances in 3D sound.
– Exhibition to travel around the world after closing in Montreal end of April 2018.