Season's Greetings 2016

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Season's Greetings 2016

Post by jarkko »

This year we want to quote Leonard:

"May you be surrounded by friends and family,
and if this is not your lot,
may the blessings find you in your solitude"

Love and Peace
Eija & Jarkko

Following our tradition, here is the link to Leonard's rendition of Silent night:
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/silentnight.mp3

Eija's ice crystal photo in bigger size: http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/2016big.jpg
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
mutti

Re: Season's Greetings 2016

Post by mutti »

Thank you so much Jarkko & Eija for this lovely season's greetings message. The quote from Leonard is perfect...at this heart breaking time with Leonard's passing this gives strength and
love to us all. Merry Christmas to you and your family Jarkko and Season's Greetings to everyone on this wonderful forum. Thank you Eija for this incredible photo with the light coming in...
love & blessings
Leslie PY
Last edited by mutti on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
B4real

Post by B4real »

Jarkko, I love Eija's ice crystal photo! And great minds think alike! I had already composed this below to post! I hope you don't mind but I think it's a good thing to reprise. These words below are almost identical to the very last blessing in the very last concert in Auckland 2013.
seeyoudowntheroad.jpg
“You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart. You drew the tears back to my eyes. You hid me in the mountain of your word.”

I know we will keep Leonard’s words and spirit deep within our hearts as well as on our lips so that way he will always be present in all our worlds forever.

"The message of Christmas is that the visible material world is bound to the invisible spiritual world"
~ Author Unknown

I have said this many times over the years and I will happily say it again and again - thank you Jarkko for all that you do here for us. Yes, our hearts are grieving over what we no longer have but our spirits are glad that Leonard’s quintessence and our memories remain.

So, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Forum members and everyone else wherever in the world you may be.... including me! One week after Leonard’s passing I was literally two seconds from almost certain death in a (not my fault) road accident! We surely are so very lightly here! I am not a drinker but I have on order a bottle of Château Latour vintage 1982 and this Christmas night I will raise a glass or two of it and make a toast to Leonard. And for my own special reflective reason, I will listen to his 1979 Silent Night, think and then light those miles in my Babylon candle.... see you down the road....
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Dearest Jarkko and Eija,

It seems our grief on LC's passing is neverending, so,thank you for the beautiful ice crystal photo and lovely and appropriate greeting.

Wishing you and your family and fellow forum members Happy Holidays and a New Year filled with peace, love, happiness, good fortune, and solace.

Deepest & Affectionate Regards,
Mary & George
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Brigitte

Post by Brigitte »

To all forum members: May You keep hope in times of hopelessness, find cracks in the darkness and joy while enduring sadness. A good time to everyone!
Brigitte
Violet

Post by Violet »

Eija & Jarkko:

I like the ice crystal. It's got pain in it, as well as beauty.

A peaceful holiday to all here.

Violet
Violet
Gentle Reader

Post by Gentle Reader »

Thank you for the beautiful photo. The ice crystals are like a lovely veil between what we can see and what we cannot. Comforting at this time of sorrow.
Wishes of peace, hope, and healing to Eija, Jarkko, and to all the people on the forum who are in mourning. So grateful to have received Leonard's everlasting gifts of words and music, and very grateful and hopeful that this forum will carry on.

Linda
Annick

Post by Annick »

Thank you Eija and Jarkko.
For all of you a peaceful time...
Annick
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate

06/1976 Nancy - 07/2008 Bruges - 10/2008 Bruxelles - 08/2009 Colmar - 08/2012 Ghent - 06/2013 Bruxelles
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Thank you Eija and Jarkko for the beautiful photo and for the good wishes. Leonard's words seem so appropriate this year.

Good wishes and love to all my fellow Cohenites. I look forward to keeping Leonard's music and words alive with you all.

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
Willy

Post by Willy »

KerstKaart 2016.jpg
Willy and Wybe
2008 - Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam.
2009 - Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona.
2010 - 2X Gent, Lille, Las Vegas 2x
2012 - Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona
2013 - Pula, Rotterdam

--www.icantforget.nl--
Ria Bellen

Post by Ria Bellen »

Thank you Eija and Jarkko !!!! Thank you for all your work !!! Merry Christmas !!!
merton

Post by merton »

Dear Eija & Jarkko,

The end of the year and of an era. Many thanks Elja for your beautiful creation and to you Jarkko for the creation of this wonderful site which has housed what otherwise might be countless homeless Leonard fans.

Happy Christmas ,Love and best wishes to all. Here's to the beginning of a new year.

All the best,
merton
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Season's Greetings to all Forum friends, and especially Jarkko, Eija, Marie, and all our moderators.

Thank you for all you do for us.

I spent hours last night creating this collage, using photos from my final 2 Leonard concerts, Dublin September 11th and 12th 2013. A labour of love. Today I've listened to You Want It Darker a few times, and Live in Dublin, while doing some Christmas Eve chores.
Leo Heart.jpg
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
vickiwoodyard

Post by vickiwoodyard »

What a lovely collage...how could it be otherwise? I, too, listened carefully to YWD this morning. Embracing the journey of the heart Leonard calls us to make in the name of love.
holydove

Post by holydove »

Dear Jarkko & Eija,

Thank you for your good wishes & for bringing Leonard's beautiful blessing here - a perfect expression of the love & light that Leonard brought, & will always bring, to this world. And thank you for the gorgeous ice crystal photo - much like Leonard's music & poetry, a stunningly wrought, elegant window by which one can glide into myriad supernal realms.

Wishing everyone here love, solace & peace in the new year. May our love for Leonard & for each other draw us near & bind us tight.

Love always,
Rachel

Return to “News”