'Biggest concert ever'

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
cohenadmirer

'Biggest concert ever'

Post by cohenadmirer »

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/93015

Stones , Dylan , Neil Young,The Who , Mcartney ,Roger waters possibly playing a big event at ' coachella' in October.

Not far from leonard's home - but it doesn't seem he's been asked to join the jamboree. Would he have done it if asked ? Would he have fitted in ?
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
mutti

Re: 'Biggest concert ever'

Post by mutti »

I saw this on FB yesterday and thought the same thing. It looks like a great concert but I realized with the lineup mentioned although I would love it I highly doubt I would enjoy going to an outdoor festival of that size. I love outdoor concerts but this will be huge. I once was in Palm Springs days before Coachella and the excitement was in the air. Maybe in my younger days...
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

This is going to take place at the Empire Polo Club in Indio.

Same place where they have Coachella or Stagecoach festivals.

It's about 128 miles from L.A.
alb123

Post by alb123 »

I'm a HUGE fan of Roger Waters. Pink Floyd & Roger's solo work is my favorite music ever followed closely behind by Leonard Cohen. Plus, I really like some of the other acts set to perform at this show. Unfortunately, the price for tickets was just ridiculous in my opinion. Heck, if you wanted a single ticket to all 3 days, so you can see all 6 acts perform you were looking at dropping over one thousand dollars for the privilege. No thanks.

I've heard rumors along the lines of "each artist was offered $7 million to perform". The sad bit is none of these six acts needs $7,000,000. They're already well beyond being financially comfortable. Plus, they're all well past their prime and just doing their greatest hits again, for the millionth time. I would have had tremendous respect for all of them if the artists said they were doing this weekend long show and donating the proceeds to some charity/organization(s). Or, better yet, they should have figured out a way to either do the show for free at a much bigger location, or charge like $5 or $10 for a ticket with all the proceeds going to charity. Kind of like what Roger Waters did in 1990 when he performed The Wall in Berlin. All profits, including CD/VHS/DVD sales, after taking out the cost of running the show, were to go to The Memorial Fund for Disaster Relief. Sadly, CD/VHS/DVD sales were much lower than expected and there was actually a financial loss - it was a disaster in many respects. A show this size would be considerably easier and drastically less expensive to put on in 2016 compared to 1990.
Waterbury, CT - May 14, 2009
Las Vegas, NV - Dec 11, 2010 (Final Show of Leonard's 3 year World Tour) INCREDIBLE!
Boston, MA - Dec 15, 2012 (Best L.C. concert I've been to!)

Return to “News”