New layout on the Forum

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

New layout on the Forum

Post by jarkko »

We have updated the layout of The Forum. Let us know if you have any problems. (It may take some time to get used to the new design, but all functions are the same!)

If you for some reason prefer the old one, you may re-activate it. Just select your account (4th button from the right), then Profile ->Edit profile->board preferences->My board style.
Select "Prosilver" instead of the new "Latte".
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
musicmania

Re: New layout on the Forum

Post by musicmania »

Someone has had a busy Sunday! I like seeing Leonard's autograph at the top of the page! The rest will take some getting used to while my eyes become accustomed to seeing Latte! :)
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Laura

Post by Laura »

Oh my... I just had a total shock. We're not blue anymore!

Laura
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Wow. You scared me, Jarkko! When I first clicked on - I thought the site had been totally hacked. :shock:
Anyway - it's looking good and seems to be working fine! 8)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The Forum software has also been updated to the latest version by Rauli.
We can now offer various layouts that members can select individually; right now we have this new "Latte" but you also can go back to the old "Prosilver" (see the first message in this thread). If members don't like this Latte, we can test some others as well. Looking forward to your comments!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, dear... I was in the wrong place!
Okay... even though the monochromatic sepia tones [if I'm describing it correctly!] is probably more Leonard-like [his brown suits, et al... and I think of that one album cover with these tones and his face featured in an oval, maybe, similar to a mirror???], for me this is more difficult to read... and I've always loved LOVED the bright, fresh blues reminding me of the skies and the water of Hydra... and that is much easier for me to read [greater contrast between the print and the background. So, I'm happy that we have the option of switching back to it. I'll do that later, when I have more time.

Meanwhile, Leonard's signature shows up VERY well on this background.

So, looking forward to the new logo, as well :) !!!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
holydove

Post by holydove »

At first, I thought there was something wrong with my computer! Fortunately, I soon noticed the "New layout" thread :) . It's an adjustment, but I think I like it - it has a nice soft, mellow effect that is pleasing to the eyes - so I think I'll stick with it. Nice work, Rauli & Jarkko, & thank you for your dedicated efforts in remodeling our lovely home!!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

jarkko wrote:Looking forward to your comments!
congratulations jarkko
neat-looking site :-)

-g
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf »

H*ly Moly!

This will take some getting used to!

But it's okay.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

It certainly will take some time to deal with Latte. I turned back to Prosilver (maybe because one of my nicknames literally means "silver"?) for now.

And even there we find some changes. "Quick links" are hidden in the corner and I already miss them.

But - what is amazing and makes me think this update really works - on the "Edit profile" page (ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info) one can, in addition to some "old" messengers, list Skype and profiles in social networks.

So, thanks to Jarkko, it's becoming easier to find each other!

Please, don't skip this new opportunity, folks!!
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

I keep changing between the two styles. I like the new layout better, but prefer the old colour scheme!
How's that for sitting on the fence?
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
B4real

Post by B4real »

Last night when I checked the forum it had the same layout as now but without links to The Files or Speaking Cohen and Leonard's signature wasn't there. It was still the original blue colour. I guessed there were some changes happening and did wonder what I would find this morning. Now I know :)

It's easy to find everything but I feel like I'm in a different place after years of seeing blue. The natural colour tones do give an overall quieter and softer feeling to the forum. It's always interesting how colour affects the way we see things. I do like addition of LC's signature.

EDIT: I've just switched to Prosilver to see the differences and it is as I saw it last night. I think I'll switch back to Latte and give it a go for a while and then decide which I like.

@ holydove, you'll have to get an avatar or else go through life with a :?: mark hanging above your head/name ;-)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
holydove

Post by holydove »

B4real wrote:
@ holydove, you'll have to get an avatar or else go through life with a :?: mark hanging above your head/name ;-)
:lol: Bev, I did notice that this layout makes the absence of an avatar more obvious. I have nothing against question marks (life is pretty full of them. . .), & had thought I'd just leave it that way anyway; but now you got me thinking. . .& as I'm kind of technologically challenged in that area (I've never posted an avatar anywhere, so never learned how), you might get an email from me sometime soon, begging for instructions. . .
rpan

Post by rpan »

I think it is very good, with that little menu icon you get everywhere now and overall a nice update. Managed to find all the functions I need. Many thanks.
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
bogra

Post by bogra »

Congratulations, Jarkko! Looks very good and is very workable :-) Thanks for the hard work! Aad and Gery
2008: Amsterdam / 2009: Antwerp / 2010: Strasbourg - Las Vegas / 2012: Gent - Amsterdam - Dublin - Verona - Lisbon / 2013: Brussels - Lucca - Rotterdam - Amsterdam - Perth - Melbourne

Return to “News”