Marianne Ihlen 80 years (also video)

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
kymberleyb

Re: Marianne Ihlen 80 years (also video)

Post by kymberleyb »

i just popped in and saw this on one of my infrequent visits... happy 80th Marianne ...this is beautiful.... i love wise experienced women.. one day i hope i become one with them.. sadly i cant sing at all but i can sort of howl a little :D
HelenD

Post by HelenD »

Thanks Lizzy

I just got a couple of lines of words in what I presume was Finnish. Some words were underlined and a different colour. A link, I think. I right clicked, opened in a new window and there was the video.

As you said, well worth the effort. :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:D My pleasure, Helen! I hope others didn't just give up. Wish I'd thought to mention it sooner.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Cate

Post by Cate »

For me the video comes right up.

Marianne is indeed still very beautiful. That's the first time I have ever seen a video of her or heard her voice, I can see how Leonard was so taken with her.

Dar, about women and age, I don't know if you've seen this but you might think this is funny (language warning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpsI8mWKmg . There are of course some women who become more attractive as the age, i.e. Jessica Lange, but you don't see them flashed all over the media in the same way.
dar

Post by dar »

O, ya. (Use of O intentional. hehe) I've seen it Cate.

I was actually going to use the word f*ckable in my post but then backed off.

Be back to this subject later. Gotta run and pick up meds at pharmacy because my old body parts are shot. :roll:
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

Belated Happy Birthday to Marianne - the world now sings to you. May you be well and may you be happy.
XX
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
boop0234

Post by boop0234 »

What a beautiful video.still a gorgeous looking lady, no wonder leonard lost his heart to her.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

A Very Happy Belated Birthday Marianne! Still so beautiful after all these years - both outside and inside.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “News”