Esther Cohen

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
dick

Esther Cohen

Post by dick »

Esther Cohen

It is with deep regret that I inform you of Esther Cohen's passing away last night. After Montreal 2000 she became a close and dear friend to Linda and I. We know she thoroughly enjoyed meeting and conversing with the many fans she met. Her energy and enthusiasm were contagious, and she will be sorely missed. Sincere condolences to Leonard and family.

Dick
ucblue

Re: Esther Cohen

Post by ucblue »

very sad. she seemed to enjoy her life.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

So sad news. Esther was such a lovely person, always smiling and friendly.
Her presence brightened every occasion, and she was loved by
all our members who had chance to meet her.

Eija and I met her for the first time at the Event in Montreal
in 2000, and later many times in New York, and we have
so many fond memories of her.

She will be deeply missed. We have sent our sincere condolences to Leonard and his family.

Above is our first photo of her, from the Montreal Event in 2000.

Eija & Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Susy

Post by Susy »

... Dear Leonard , friends and Family please accept my deep condolences on the death of Esther Cohen !
many of us will miss this friendly Lady !
Susy
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

I am so sorry to hear this. I met her in New York at a get together the Frday night before the weekend shows at Radio City. She was as mentioned very friendly and engaged wholeheartedly with whomever she was talking to.
I found her delightful. My thoughts are now with her family and friends.

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

I am really saddened by this news....
The first time I had met Esther was at the Brooklyn concert, then the following year at the dinner before the Radio City Music Hall.
We had sent Esther a 'Closing time - no no no' tshirt after the Amsterdam concert as well as a set of Unified Heart jewellery. Esther was such a lovely lady, she wrote me a thank you note afterwards, and we had been in contact since then
She was a fine decent lady
My most sincere condoleances to L Cohen, and her close and beloved ones
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

So so sorry to hear this. I too was lucky to meet Esther in New York last year. She was a wonderful lady, really friendly and was honoured to be a part of our community. I told her we were the honoured ones. RIP to a wonderful lady. My sincerest condolences to Leonard, the rest of their family and all her friends.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
phillip

Post by phillip »

sorry to hear this sad news my thoughts and prayers are with you Leonard
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Danny57

Post by Danny57 »

Sincere condolences to Leonard and family. Eric en Danny Lostermans-Vanaudenhove
chrissie01

Post by chrissie01 »

I am so sad to hear about Esther's passing. Although I never had the privilege of meeting her, I became used to her happy photos with Leonard and his fans, who I know loved this lady, and enjoyed her presence at events to celebrate her brother, and wonderful extended family' She seemed so full of vitality...it is hard to believe she has gone. Poor Leonard, especially, and in this his milestone of a year.
And you want to travel with him
And you want to travel blind
And you think maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with his mind
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Sincere sympathy for your loss.

May you ever find solace in the memory of the grace of her life and the warmth of her love.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I am shocked and saddened to hear this news. She seemed so vital and alert when we met her in New York in April 2013. It is a timely reminder of just how fragile life can be, especially in its later years.

My condolences to Leonard and all her family and friends. RIP Esther.

Wendy
holydove

Post by holydove »

So very sad to hear this. I had the privilege of meeting with Esther a few times & she was always so warm, kind & welcoming. Her energy was very bright & uplifting, & she always seemed so filled with the joy of life. I will always be grateful to have spent some very lovely moments with her.

Sincerest condolences to Leonard & family & friends. Esther will be missed & remembered by many.
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

I am so sad to hear this news. I had the privilege of meeting Esther twice. She was so full of life and friendly to everyone she met. My thoughts are with Leonard and other family and friends at this difficult time.

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik »

I am sorry to hear that. I too had the opportunity to meet this lovely lady last year in New York. Wonderful memory. My sincere condolences to Leonard, family and friends.

Return to “News”