Radio 2

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
phillip

Radio 2

Post by phillip »

Radio 2 Sounds of the sixties 23/8/2014 Leonard Cohen's Teachers from Songs Of Leonard Cohen is played I thought it would of been Suzanne was a nice surprise to hear Teachers :D
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Liamberney

Re: Radio 2

Post by Liamberney »

Yes Philip, I was also pleasantly surprised. As you say, on popular radio we only seem to get Suzanne and perhaps one or two others. Hearing Teachers on Saturday compelled me to fish out the album and pay particular attention to Teachers, Winter lady, stories of the street and some of the other less well known tracks. Kath, my better half is more familiar with his later work said she prefers his voice now!
phillip

Post by phillip »

Liamberney wrote:Yes Philip, I was also pleasantly surprised. As you say, on popular radio we only seem to get Suzanne and perhaps one or two others. Hearing Teachers on Saturday compelled me to fish out the album and pay particular attention to Teachers, Winter lady, stories of the street and some of the other less well known tracks. Kath, my better half is more familiar with his later work said she prefers his voice now!
Thanks for the comment I enjoyed reading it and was a pleasant surprise like your other half I am more than familiar with Leonard's work having been a fan for 26 years and having all his albums, books etc....and seeing him 5 times in concert, so I know ALL his songs was still a surprise hearing Teachers on Radio, am now looking forward to the new album in September :) was good to hear form you have a good day keep in touch
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
jackiet

Post by jackiet »

It was great to hear, haven't heard it for ages, only have it on cassette!! Loved hearing it again so much, instantly
downloaded from iTunes and have been listening to it constantly

Return to “News”