Isle of Wight 1970 photo of Leonard

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Vicomte

Re: Isle of Wight 1970 photo of Leonard

Postby Vicomte » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Well if you know for sure as you have read it friscogirl, then fair enough. I only know from the days when taking mandies (and other such "things") myself, they can either relax you, feel great, or make you pretty drowsy. All I am saying is that LC looks like someone who has had a few joints, a couple of drinks and is totally cream crackered from the wait.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Evie B

Re: Isle of Wight 1970 photo of Leonard

Postby Evie B » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Around 1970ish a friend of mine gave me one of her prescribed Mandrax tablets (before they were 'listed') because I was having trouble sleeping. It knocked me out totally and the following morning I discovered I had vomited in my sleep (sorry but no nicer way of saying it springs to mind) which I had been completely unaware of and didn't even wake up. It taught me a lesson that stayed with me and I have never downed a tablet stronger than a paracetamol since then, even when all around me were trying nasty stuff. Call me a coward....
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers

Return to “News”