Happy Birthday Leonard!!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
vidya

Re: Happy Birthday Leonard!!

Post by vidya »

Your concert wednesday in Rotterdam was fantastic.
I wish you een happy birthday.
Hopefully see you again.
X Vidya.
Nefelly

Post by Nefelly »

Happy, Happy Birthday Dear Leonard ........ I really cannot find the words to thank you enough for the exquisite music, poetry and concerts you have given us. I have been privileged enough to have been to four concerts in the UK this year and yes it is wonderful to meet up with Friends, old and new, to celebrate seeing you once again and also to enjoy a good meal (and one or two drinks !!) How blessed we all have been to be able to do this and then the crowning glory to see you in concert .....

Have a great Day tomorrow.

May your many Angels continue to watch over you - you are such a Treasured Man.

Nefelly xx
Mar Sutil

Post by Mar Sutil »

For my there is a before and an after Leonard Cohen Madrid concert on October 12, 2012.
I had always thought that Leonard Cohen was a little sad, but when I left the concert I was totally hipnotyzed and happy.
During this year I have bought books and records of Leonard Cohen and I like more and more.
During my holidays in Greece this year, I visited Hydra and thanks to the generosity of the people in the web I get to find his house and it was one of the most special moments of these holidays.
I'd like to come back to Leonard concert in Spain. Leonard, I’ll be waiting for you…
Thanks Leonard for this year and happy birthday.
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Sincerely hope you read this Leonard.

I was one of the 600,000 that lit a match when you asked us to.

All those years ago.

Happy birthday my friend.

Robert
Last edited by Zimmy66 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
To live outside the law you must be honest
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik »

Happy Birthday, dear Leonard! Have a wonderful day and year to follow. Enjoy :D

Vlasta
slapperoonie

Post by slapperoonie »

Happy Birthday Leonard - thanks so much for your music and wisdom and all-round general wonderfulness. Raising a glass to you somewhere near Manchester, and wishing you the very best of days. Keep on keeping on - hope my road crosses yours again sometime soon!
Liz x
Liverpool 2009 / Manchester 2013
galwayowen

Post by galwayowen »

Happy Birthday,dear Leonard from my sweet gipsy wife(ann marie on theforum)and myself.We have been fans since a friend ann k brought me in a copy of your first album to the regional hospital in Galway in 1968.We saw you in the national stadium Dublin in the 70s,Kilmainham in 2008,Lisadell,twice Kilmainham x3 last year and Lisbon last October,and best of all 2 excellent o2 Dublin concerts this year(THE BEST EVER)Hopey ou have lovely birthday,nice 2 month break and really look forward to your next performance whenever you are ready,from Anne me and our dear daughter Marianne,Owen
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Happy Birthday, dear Mr. Leonard Cohen and many happy returns!

May your life be filled with love, joy, happiness. Thank you so much for all the wonderful concert especially in Vienna.

Marina
hadley

Post by hadley »

Dear Leonard

Happy Birthday and thank you for your wonderful, thought provoking and illuminating words over the years!
In a world where nobody seems to believe in anything anymore, thanks for being something to believe in!
Your wisdom, humbleness and dignity are a blessing and an inspiration to everyone who follows your work.

God knows I don't have any control over this universe, but if I did you'd still be out there captivating us with your words and music 20 years from now. That may be selfish on my part, but you've got the rest of eternity to rest up ;)

Have a great birthday Leonard, I hope the old dog gets a few nice treats!

P.S.

It was thanks to you that I stumbled upon advaita, which has made a great difference in my life, so, sincerely, thanks for that as well Leonard :)

P.P.S.

It's rare that someone comes along and makes life easier, and even rarer that you get to thank them, so thanks also to Jarkko for doing this and passing these messages on!
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Happy Birthday Leonard and many happy returns.
Thank you for your wonderful music and Thank Your For Being You :D

-Marie
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
B4real

Post by B4real »

Dear Leonard,
Today is your day! Yet another year, has found us here, in the same place at the same time once again! I am so pleased that life has been good to you during this last year.

For your birthday gift I again offer you a portrait of yourself. But this time, a portrait without a face! I got the idea from a photo I took of your hands at the Brisbane Concert in 2010. Since then you have added a couple of items to your wardrobe and consequently, so have I to this portrait!

I wanted to give you a reflection that we in the audience see from the other side of the stage. A moment in time that is so familiar and one with symbolic meaning and feeling.
Hallelujah ....the word becomes the image ....<br />the image becomes the word .... of the Acceptance song
Hallelujah ....the word becomes the image ....
the image becomes the word .... of the Acceptance song

“Painting is silent poetry; poetry is painting with words;
and music speaks with painting and poetry in song” ~~ Me

This was part of my birthday message to you last year:
and may the fates be kind and the universe finds a way to send you back “down under” sometime in the future.
It has serendipitously come to fruition!! In fact, at least eight times for me this year in Australia as it turns out. I will see you in each and every concert you play here except for Perth and Wollongong. But looking forward firstly to Sydney! Thank you so much for coming so far to be with us again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Leonard!
Have a relaxing time today surrounded by family and friends.

Take Care,
Bev
Last edited by B4real on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Happy Birthday Dear Mr. Cohen. We Love You (who ever we are :D ).
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
quetzalcoatl80

Post by quetzalcoatl80 »

Happy birthday, M Léonard !
I wish you the best: health, happiness and many joys.
Your poetry, your music, your concerts make our life more beautiful.
Continue for a long time on the road.
THANK YOU.
Hanna

Post by Hanna »

Happy Birthday, Lenny! :)
"I love your body and your spirit and your clothes"

Wroclaw, Hala Ludowa 20.03.1985 | Wroclaw, Hala Stulecia 29.09.2008 | Katowice, Spodek 04.10.2010 | Berlin, Waldbühne 5.09.2012 | Berlin o2 World 17.07.2013 | Prague o2 Arena 21.07.2013
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

Happy Birthday, Mr. Cohen!

May it be a blessed one and so the next year to come. Thank you so much for your music and your poems, the words of wisdom and thus being with us in good times and in bad times, expressing feelings we did not even know we had.
We wish you a wonderful birthday and all the best for you and your family.

Amrei & family
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.

Return to “News”