Bono apologises for his cover version of Hallelujah

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Born With The Gift Of A G

Bono apologises for his cover version of Hallelujah

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
John Etherington

Re: Bono apologises for his cover version of Hallelujah

Post by John Etherington »

Oh my God...Bono has humbled himself! Does that mean I can no longer crack the old joke "What's the difference between Bono and God?" (Answer: "God doesn't walk around thinking he's Bono").
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

As well he should...

While we're at it, let's get Nick Cave to formally apologize for this ghastly 'Tower Of Song'.
http://youtu.be/duv1MxvXYck

But there's a voice in my head which is singing... "Here's to the few who forgive what you do..."
Squidgy

Post by Squidgy »

It's an acquired taste, but actually I like it a lot, and am somewhat disappointed at the apology. At first I wasn't sure what I thought about it, until Babs in the old newsgroup commented. She said she pictured a young King David in a loincloth dancing wildly before the Ark of the Covenant. Meditating about this, I put on the song --really loud--and had myself a glass of wine in a dark room with the fireplace flickering and jumping in time to the music, the fire seeming to surround me as it reflected on walls and mirrors, and I could almost see the brown-skinned sinewy muscles of David as he danced. And that's how I fell in love with Bono's version of "Hallelujah."
But you know, I like "Jazz Police" too.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I like "Jazz Police" too, but that's no excuse for liking Bono's "Hallelujah"!
ilion

Post by ilion »

I like it about as much as I like the Jeff Buckley version. ;)

Return to “News”