HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEONARD!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Harriet175

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEONARD!

Post by Harriet175 »

Wishing you a happy birthday, health and peace, dear Leonard

Thank you so much for the recent concerts in 2012
Your work means everything to me, and so do you!

see you in Paris
with gratitude
Nicole
forLC21Sept12.jpg
...a tune in my soul
and my heart the shape of a begging bowl

2008: 25 jul Lörrach, 29 oct Frankfurt 2009: 1 jul Cologn 2010: 3 sept Wiesbaden, 19 sept Strasbourg, 29 sept Dortmund, 1 oct Stuttgart
2012: 5 sept Berlin 6 sept Mönchengladbach 29+30 sept Paris 2013: 25 jun Oberhausen, 28 jun Mannheim, 14 jul Hamburg, 24 aug Zürich
honey604

Post by honey604 »

Happy Birthday, dear Leonard. Happy Birthday to YOU!
Attachments
Birthday_Cake_with_Lit_Candles_by_FantasyStock.jpg
Maureen MacPhie

Post by Maureen MacPhie »

Dear Leonard, may your special day be everything you wished for. Thank you so much for the inspiration you have been to me over the past 40 years. I'm wishing and hoping you have many more Happy Birthdays. Love and the best of wishes from your number one Scottish fan.
Maureen Macphie
The Fedora

Post by The Fedora »

Dear, dear Mr. Cohen,

Happy birthday, and warmest greetings from Istanbul! I feel privileged to have been able to howl a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" two nights ago and even give you the impromptu gift of my (flying) fedora during Closing Time.

May you grace our country again with your presence; and may you long continue to make the world a better place for us all.

Kutay
CatMac

Post by CatMac »

Happy Birthday Leonard. I'm so grateful to be in the world with you and your voice, and sometimes your presence. You have given me comfort through the hours and the years and made it bearable in the dark times x.
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Happy Birthday Leonard,

You are timeless. Thank you for all the beauty and the longing.

XO

Sheila
codiug

Post by codiug »

Happy birthday Leonard, and don't go home yet. Keep on travelling for many years to come. See you again next year in Gent?
chaplainmom

Post by chaplainmom »

Happiest of Birthdays to you, Dear Leonard! Thank you for all you have given and continue to give. Your songs and poems mean more to me than I could ever express here. See you in Chicago!

Love, Mary
yoeri

Post by yoeri »

Να τα χιλιάσεις!

Χρόνια σου πολλά!

Ένας φίλος
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
curiousberyl

Post by curiousberyl »

Happy Birthday Leonard!!!

Looking forward to lots more meetings on 'just the other side of intimacy' and maybe one on this side?

Barbara
Barbara

Dublin 1988
London O2 2008 x 2
Weybridge 2009
London Wembley Arena 2012
foreverfan

Post by foreverfan »

Happy Birthday Leonard, may your day be filled with love and happiness
sincerely, a foreverfan
1993 Madrid | 2008 Dublin, London | 2012 ...
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Just for you

Look at me Leonard one more time
I am just a young fan when I know your age ,but what is age just another length of time to remember what one did for the last few yesterdays
Thank you for your music poetry letters books and smiles and jokes
Happy remembrance day Leonard
G
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in
Gabby

Post by Gabby »

Happy Birthday Leonard, you dear sweet lovely man!
Many Happy Returns and many, many thanks for all the joy you have given us.
Take care of yourself, we look forward hopefully to more tours,

with much love,
Gabby and hubby and son...
(hubby and son are new fans.....my work here is done!!!) xxx :D
ines_nf

Post by ines_nf »

Muitos parabéns querido Leonard Cohen!

You can not imagine the joy it is for me not to have lost the ability to be writing you now to wish you congratulations, not having forgotten that on September 21, 1934 was born Leonard Cohen.

Happy Birthday dear Leonard Cohen!

A year and a half ago, while walking on the street in my beloved city, I was victim of a running over, I was victim of a traumatic brain injury and with it, at that moment that I do not remember, I lost everything that we usually take for granted. I was with aphasia and I stopped understanding what was a clock, which meant measuring time, simply because I went to live in a world where there was no time.

When I left the hospital fifteen days later, after having spent about a week sleeping, my head was still a mess and I remember leaving the hospital very intrigued by the fact that each day had a date, I remember saying that I did not understand why every day has a date and I didn’t realize why to assign a number to each day. I had lost the meaning of time. I lived just the here and now.

And I always felt and still today I feel very loved by God, God's love is always present in me (I'm Catholic). Today I think God gave me to know eternity.

Although I feel very presumptuous on my part, I prefer to ignore that I'm talking to a poet and think that I'm addressing myself to a dear friend. As a birthday gift I would like to offer you a book that I discovered in 1995 that always fascinated me and after having lived in the world in which I lived, I felt the need to re-read : Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman. It is always a wonderful surprise!

It is with great joy that I look forward to your coming to Lisboa on October 7 to hear you sing us your outstanding Old Ideas!

I can not forget to tell you that I think I found the mystery of your golden voice: Your voice should be very similar to the voice of God!

Love, Inês Noronha Falcão
victhpooh

Post by victhpooh »

Dear Leonard,
Even though we never met, you are one of the most important people in my life and have been since 1968 when I first heard you sing. It is pure joy that I get to wish you a happy 78th birthday and get to see your two NYC area concerts in December. I wish you joy, love and peace. L'Shona Tova.
All of my best,
Vicki Perlman
Lynbrook, NY
there is a crack in everything........that's how the light gets in............

Return to “News”