Wanted: Your opinions on the LC Forum for PhD Thesis

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Car0line

Re: Wanted: Your opinions on the LC Forum for PhD Thesis

Post by Car0line »

Although I'm completely new here, I did answer your questions. I did so, because - in comparison to another forum I'm a member of - I instantly picked up a very nice and positive vibe... (and of course, I just wanted to help you by contributing some data :) )
mamtear

Post by mamtear »

Hi Caroline, thank you for taking part, it's interesting that you have so quickly picked up a "positive vibe" from the members here. This is exactly the "secret ingredient" I am trying to discover with this survey...what combination of things creates this positive environment?
Take care,
Maggie
iris

Post by iris »

I just participated and answered the questions, a nice way to put in words what this Forum means to me. Although I don't post very often, I visit it frequently, and if and when I decide to post questions and remarks the reactions are positive. For me the Forum is a living everyday example of Cohenesque gentleness, knowledge, kindness, humour, criticism, reflection, often leading to a smile and an different way of looking at things.
here is your love for all this
2008 amsterdam/rotterdam, 2009 antwerpen, 2010 gent/dortmund, 2012 gent/amsterdam, 2013 antwerpen/oberhausen/rotterdam/amsterdam
Franks

Post by Franks »

I have completed your survey. Hope you get to a 100+. Good luck with your thesis.
Frank.
mamtear

Post by mamtear »

Hi everybody,
Thanks so much for the recent surge of responses. It's very close...I need about 25 more to resolve the model, and it looks like it's headed that way in the next few days. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have your help. Research like this relies on the kindness of strangers to a great extent, but I feel I am starting to get to know some of you through reading your posts (here and on other threads).

Maggie
harald

Post by harald »

late (like most times me)
but done (like sometimes me)
good luck, Maggie
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

done! :)
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

Completed. Good Luck with the PhD.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
mamtear

Post by mamtear »

Good evening, everybody,
Just wanted to provide you with an update...I'm about 20 responses away from being able to run this model. There's been a terrific response from people on this forum; I also appreciate the comments you have been writing in the survey, as they add a lot of detail to how you feel about being part of this community.
Hope you're having a good long weekend,
Maggie
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Just completed. Excellent survey with well thought out questions. Not intrusive at all. Good luck with PhD.
Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
mamtear

Post by mamtear »

Thanks Zimmy66...I'm glad to hear that people are not finding it too onerous to fill out.
I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.
Thank you,
Maggie
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

done just to see if the 100 is reached

G
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in
mamtear

Post by mamtear »

Good evening everyone,
It's very close...I need about 10 more and that should do it.
I am very grateful for your support and time.
Take care,
Maggie
surrender

Post by surrender »

Maggie, I've completed the survey last year already; it was good to realize how exceptional the Forum is (among other things: transparency, no advertisements - thanks Jarkko).
I hope you will get the desired/needed 100+ answers soon, maybe to repeat the link to the survey can be of some help?

Jarmila
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
hazey

Post by hazey »

Completed.
Hope you receive the 100 soon.
All the best for your PhD.
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton

Return to “News”