Record Store Day 4/21/2012: Live in Fredericton EP on vinyl

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
tomsakic

Re: Live in Fredericton EP coming to vinyl for Record Store

Post by tomsakic »

You can order them online at many stores, for 9.99 (NOT eBay). I will surely try that as my country is not included in special releases (only concerts by local bands in stores)... I guess later they will appear on eBay as well.
leonardthecat

Re: Live in Fredericton EP coming to vinyl for Record Store

Post by leonardthecat »

tomsakic wrote:You can order them online at many stores, for 9.99 (NOT eBay). I will surely try that as my country is not included in special releases (only concerts by local bands in stores)... I guess later they will appear on eBay as well.

Already on ebay:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEONARD-COHEN ... _500wt_949
Steve Wilcox

Re: Record Store Day 4/21/2012: Live in Fredericton EP on vi

Post by Steve Wilcox »

I bought a copy this morning. The local record store (in Fredericton) had received, I believe 6 copies. The store owner thought 5000 had been pressed.

The back cover art is great. My copy will remain unopened and be put up for sale in 2050 by my then 53 year old daughter :)
mousey03

Post by mousey03 »

I had to wait in line for two and a half hours here in St Louis, but I was able to purchase my copy. All purchases at this record store were limited to one of each album per person. However, my guess is that there will be several Leonard albums still available tomorrow, when purchase quantities will not be restricted. They had at least a dozen more still there after I left. If anyone who lives in a place where this is not available would like me to purchase a copy for them and ship it to them, feel free to message me.

Brad
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

I bought one at a record store which had three when the doors opened and none when I left.
On the way home, I dropped into a second record store and bought their last copy. They also were given only three by the distributor.

---Arlene (Los Angeles)
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
dick

Post by dick »

We had to wait in line for 30 minutes to get into our last independent store in Summit NJ. Appears they had 3 copies left after my purchase. Actually, think the store did the right thing by limiting the number of buyers inside. Not fun to wait, but they had free coffee and cookies on the sidewalk, and much more pleasant to survey the items and make the purchase in a relaxed and civil manner.

Someone had suggested that the Chrome Dreams release, Back in Motherland, might also be offered. It was not available and the store suggested possibly it might only be for sale in Europe.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Dick, Back to Motherland is indeed pressed for UK Store Day, also available at least in Germany, beside UK.

There are many copies of the Fredericton EP now on eBay, from 14.99 to more than 50 $.

Btw, 3700 copies was pressed, but I didn't get is it all together (Europe, US, Canada), or only for US or only for US&Canada or what.
Marlene J.

Post by Marlene J. »

@tomsakic: I would assume they pressed 3700 copies all-together.

Also, not that I should really complain, because that way I can get a copy of my own too, but I really don't get people who buy things only for the purpose of selling them again. I would buy the record and keep it for myself, obviously. But seeing as so many copies are being sold on eBay already, many people must have bought one or more copies only to sell them again. I just don't get it, haha, although I suppose I'm greatful for it. :razz:
2012: Fredriksten Fortress, Halden, Norway
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

tomsakic wrote: 3700 copies was pressed, but I didn't get is it all together (Europe, US, Canada), or only for US or only for US&Canada or what.
Tom, according to a Canadian article I posted earlier in this thread
3,700 U.S. citizens can get this rarity on vinyl.
Make that 3,698 US Citizens and one Canadian citizen residing in the US who bought two copies. :D

---Arlene

bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Did anyone else receive a "Record Store Day 04-2012" tote bag filled with CD samplers and other stuff?
Wow. quite a lot of goodies. I am impressed.
Only one store had these to give away. The second store said they did not receive any.

---Arlene

PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

I bought my copy today at Denver, Colorado area record store (Twist & Shout) at about 11:30AM. They had at least 20 copies available at that time and they didn't allow me to buy another copy - sorry friends elsewhere. The store opens at 10 AM and closes at 10PM. What they will do with copies not sold today - who knows? What I understand, this record is available only today, right? I will visit them tomorrow or the other day and ask what they do with the remaining stuff.
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Amalthea wrote:@tomsakic: I would assume they pressed 3700 copies all-together.

Also, not that I should really complain, because that way I can get a copy of my own too, but I really don't get people who buy things only for the purpose of selling them again. I would buy the record and keep it for myself, obviously. But seeing as so many copies are being sold on eBay already, many people must have bought one or more copies only to sell them again. I just don't get it, haha, although I suppose I'm greatful for it. :razz:

Amalthea, I believe it's not private sellers on eBay selling it - but stores itself. Many indie stores are actually having their online stores on eBay (my whole Cohen collection of singles and merchandise was bought on eBay over years).

There's another good site to check: http://www.Musicstack.com
Marlene J.

Post by Marlene J. »

@tomsakic: Oh, I see. I actually didn't know that, but it makes sense. I somehow thought eBay was only private sellers, I guess since I've only bought from private sellers myself. But that's reassuring to hear, I will be more relaxed if I'm able to buy a copy from an indie store, as opposed to an over-priced private seller. :razz:
2012: Fredriksten Fortress, Halden, Norway
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Of course, some of them will be overpriced private sellers trying to cash in... [sigh]
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks for confirmation about Motherland Tom.

Arlene - yes our store used a nice canvas tote for our purchase, but we got the last one at 11:30am. Customers after us got the usual plastic. They had a table full of the extra goodies -- several cds, a nice hand fan, buttons, lanyard, etc. I was very impressed with how our store handled things and I hope they made good profits.

My impression was the Record Store day items were still to be on sale today, but then pulled from shelves tomorrow.

The Cohen cd bin had several, but no Old Ideas. I inquired at checkout and was told it had been selling very well and they were waiting for inventory replenishment. YEAH Len!

Return to “News”