Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
User avatar
leonardmtl
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA

Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by leonardmtl » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:32 am

Here is an excerpt from an interview given last week at Joe's Pub, published in Rolling Stone a few hours ago!

Fill up your ATM machine!


Do you want to tour again soon?
A tour is being booked. Whether I'm going to show up . . . I haven't signed on for it yet, but it's certainly in the air.

Do you want to do it?
I have two minds. I don't like to do a small tour, so whether I'm going to sign up for for another couple of years . . . is that really where I want to be? Maybe it is.

But you think it's going to happen?
Looks like it's going to happen.


Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z1kylKz52i

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
User avatar
Goldin
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Contact:

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by Goldin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 am

Thank you, Leonard. Both Leonards :razz:
Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner
User avatar
LisaLCFan
Posts: 1826
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by LisaLCFan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:43 am

Great stuff! I love when the interviewer said that people were surprised that the concerts of the last tour were three hours long, and Leonard says, "Minimum three hours!" Indeed, the last two I saw were almost four.

It looks like the next year or so might be very interesting!
BEATRIZ SALLES
Posts: 536
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:24 am
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:29 am

Touring again and.... three hours minimum!
Those are going to be good times! :)
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
User avatar
B4real
Posts: 6589
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:49 am
Location: Q'ld, Australia

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by B4real » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 am

:shock:
Question: But you think it's going to happen?
Leonard's Answer: Looks like it's going to happen.
Unbelievable!!.gif
Unbelievable!!.gif (210.27 KiB) Viewed 3398 times

I'm really wanting to say the "H" word.......dammmit!!!..........H-A-L-L-E-L-U-J-A-H ;-)

Now I want details, details and more details. :razz:

.....I hope I'm not getting toooo excited over nothing........
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
astranger
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Greensboro, NC, USA

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by astranger » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:42 am

It would be amazing if we could get that other album out before he tours. I really don't wanna wait another 2 years for an album :D
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
User avatar
Wimmer
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:02 pm
Location: Vienna,Austria

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by Wimmer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:34 pm

I found this on Youtube a Interview from Roscoe Beck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENdzZD9g16E :D

He is waiting of a Call from Leonard Cohen, Oh yes we also :razz:
A tour not this year, maybe the next.
a bit patience.

Wish all a nice day from Vienna.
Marina
User avatar
Jonnie Falafel
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy
Contact:

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by Jonnie Falafel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:04 pm

If LC did some small tours - a pared down band - with all new material, would you go? Or would you want to hear Suzanne, Bird On A Wire etc...?
holydove
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by holydove » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Jonnie Falafel wrote:If LC did some small tours - a pared down band - with all new material, would you go? Or would you want to hear Suzanne, Bird On A Wire etc...?
Are you really serious about that question?? I would go to ANYTHING Leonard Cohen does!! If the setlist consisted of the "ingredients of shoe polish", recited LIVE by LEONARD COHEN, I would sell my soul for tickets!!
User avatar
Mabeanie1
Posts: 2729
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:03 am
Location: UK

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:50 pm

holydove wrote:
Jonnie Falafel wrote:If LC did some small tours - a pared down band - with all new material, would you go? Or would you want to hear Suzanne, Bird On A Wire etc...?
Are you really serious about that question?? I would go to ANYTHING Leonard Cohen does!! If the setlist consisted of the "ingredients of shoe polish", recited LIVE by LEONARD COHEN, I would sell my soul for tickets!!
Hear hear!! And before anyone assumes holydove and I are just responding out of blind fandom and devotion, just think how interesting - and amusing - Leonard could make his performance of "ingredients of shoe polish" ....

Wendy
User avatar
bridger15
Posts: 2068
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Los Angeles - ex Toronto
Contact:

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by bridger15 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:17 pm

astranger wrote:It would be amazing if we could get that other album out before he tours. I really don't wanna wait another 2 years for an album :D
Personally, I think it would be equally amazing if he went on tour before the "next" album came out. This way we would be treated to participating in history, watching Leonard Cohen trying out his new songs on tour like he did at World Tour concerts with Darkness, Feels So Good, Born in Chains and Lullaby.

---Arlene
ps. according to forum posts, there were a few other new songs tried out at sound checks. I think My Oh My and Amen?
Last edited by bridger15 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
holydove
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by holydove » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:18 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:
holydove wrote:
Jonnie Falafel wrote:If LC did some small tours - a pared down band - with all new material, would you go? Or would you want to hear Suzanne, Bird On A Wire etc...?
Are you really serious about that question?? I would go to ANYTHING Leonard Cohen does!! If the setlist consisted of the "ingredients of shoe polish", recited LIVE by LEONARD COHEN, I would sell my soul for tickets!!
Hear hear!! And before anyone assumes holydove and I are just responding out of blind fandom and devotion, just think how interesting - and amusing - Leonard could make his performance of "ingredients of shoe polish" ....

Wendy
Well said, Wendy! For instance, imagine Leonard reciting the ingredients of shoe polish with the quality of voice with which he recites Anyhow, or the voice with which he sings Light As A Breeze, & with some mellow bluesy/jazzy music in the background - I think that would be quite enthralling!!
User avatar
Jonnie Falafel
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy
Contact:

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by Jonnie Falafel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:23 pm

I feel the same.... what if we had a mixed media tour like the things Patti Smith does. Some poetry recital, some songs and some art and a Q&A!!! I getting carried away now.
osmachar
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:42 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by osmachar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:16 pm

Wonder if he'll turn up then... 8)
crystal
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:56 pm

Re: Rolling Stone - New Tour being planned!

Post by crystal » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 pm

Ingredients of shoe polish or white pages, I'll be there!

Christel
Post Reply

Return to “News”