Blog: Cohen is planning another tour to support the record.

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Hartmut

Blog: Cohen is planning another tour to support the record.

Post by Hartmut »

This blog claims: 'Cohen, now 77, is planning another tour to support the record.' - Though I'm doubtful whether they have a real source for that.

The Arty Semite: Leonard Cohen's Altneu Song
http://blogs.forward.com/the-arty-semite/146725/

Hartmut
Vicomte

Re: Blog: Cohen is planning another tour to support the reco

Post by Vicomte »

The only way that it can be sure that Leonard will never tour again, is if he or his management inform people of that fact.

Then again, Cream and a few other bands not only had farewell tours but reunion farewell tours and so on and so on :D

I have said before on here, that there is surely a likelihood of a tour, albeit not on the grand scale of the 2008-2010 World tour. Personally, I think that only L.C's health will decide yes or no to a tour.

Here's hoping................ ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The blog text is based on pure speculation, not on any facts. Recently there have been other pages/newspaper articles doing the same.
There are no plans for another tour. And there are neither decisions to go on another tour, nor not to go.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

That was what Jarkko said before the other tour... I predicted on here (last December) that Leonard will be touring again in spring 2012, when Jupiter has entered Taurus!
Last edited by John Etherington on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

The answer is - zen and Leonard's DNA, isn't it?

leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Lisbeth

Post by Lisbeth »

I predicted on here (last December) that Leonard will be touring again in spring 2012, when Jupiter has entered Taurus!
His progressed Moon will be in Capricorn and progressed Mercury in Sag/3rd house, so it does make sense with a tour. I hope Mr Cohen believes in astrology 8)
simonmoorehead

Post by simonmoorehead »

is it possible he might do three or four concerts to promote the record but no more
i cant see a big tour?
simon
i would like to buy any artwork by lc
simonmoorehead@yahoo.com

Snow is Falling , there's a nude in my room!
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

jarkko wrote:The blog text is based on pure speculation, not on any facts. Recently there have been other pages/newspaper articles doing the same.
There are no plans for another tour. And there are neither decisions to go on another tour, nor not to go.
jarkko, that reminds me of a great line from Bob Dylan's song, Nettie Moore:

It's either one or the other or neither of the two ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

simonmoorehead wrote:is it possible he might do three or four concerts to promote the record but no more
i cant see a big tour?
simon
Simon, with the costs involved with any L.C concert, three or four concerts really would not be worth the effort, or be cost effective.
Neil from The Young Ones
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Vicomte wrote:
simonmoorehead wrote:is it possible he might do three or four concerts to promote the record but no more
i cant see a big tour?
simon
Simon, with the costs involved with any L.C concert, three or four concerts really would not be worth the effort, or be cost effective.
A " one man" show with Sharon ?

Leonard from Montreal

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Surely not possible, LC needs musical support, Sharon alone would not be able to offer that.
Neil from The Young Ones
Stamatina

Post by Stamatina »

jarkko wrote:And there are neither decisions to go on another tour, nor not to go.
So, the question is: when the hell are they going to decide?? :shock:
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Vicomte wrote:Surely not possible, LC needs musical support, Sharon alone would not be able to offer that.

I know, but check out his early appearances, in the 70's,and 80's, when he could not afford todays' costs..... like Iceland in 1988, he was unbelieveable with a backup group of four!

leonard from Montreal

Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Sadly perhaps, that was then, this is now.

Like others here, I have seen L.C several times since IOW 1970 ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26382&p=274200#p274200 ) and I personally have never seen him with as little as four, or anywhere near that number. So I have no idea why there would only be 4 in Iceland in 1988, considering that we saw him at the RAH a few weeks before in 1988 on the I'm Your Man tour, it looks like there were nine in the band, inc L.C plus roadies, managers etc and that was a sell out.

Below is a you tube of Iceland 1988 and to all intent and purpose, it looks the same set up, Julie & Perla on vocals and if you add in Bob Furgo, Bob Metzger, Steve Meador, Stephen Zirkel, John Bilezikjian, Tom McMorran and L.C who were in the programme ( I admit I looked the names up in the I'm Your Man RAH programme) of course, there is no guarantee that all played in Iceland but I would be most surprised if they were not all at this gig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKUGz_jy ... r_embedded#!

Would it have been a little private gathering somewhere in Iceland that you talk of perhaps?

As far as L.C not being able to afford todays costs for "getting it altogether" back in the 70's and 80's, I believe everything is relative, it all seemed to be in place to me, I don't think I saw any signs of skimping back then. Sure costs have risen to what happens on tours now but just remember how much L.C had stolen from him !! ;-)
Neil from The Young Ones
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

V.

Four was just a recollection of the main players ........

As for the future, I still predict smaller, more intimate venues.

We shall see.

leonard from Montreal

Return to “News”