Still Sexy at almost 70

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
linmag

Post by linmag » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:38 pm

I quite agree with you on the Colin Firth yummy factor, Jemima - though he's a bit young for me :oops: . I regularly watch the BBC's Pride and Prejudice whenever I have six hours to spare :lol:
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
missbrodie04

Post by missbrodie04 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:00 pm

Hi Jemima,

No, I certainly wouldn't turn Colin Firth down either!!

Other stuff Alan Rickman has been in - 'Truly Madly Deeply', a film from the early nineties I think, where he plays a cellist who comes back in ghostly form to help his girlfriend (Juliet Stevenson) come to terms with his death. Maybe a bit sentimental for some, and Mr R does sport a rather dodgy moustache...

He's also been in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves as the Sheriff of Nottingham, and the Harry Potter films as Professor Snape (a casting I would have made myself; I also picked Maggie Smith for Professor McGonagall, so was very chuffed when the films actually came out!), and Sense and Sensibility (playing opposite Kate Winslet - presumably her character had a liking for the more mature gentleman as well...).

Probably more than that, but that's all I can think of for now!

Miss Brodie
'Are we downhearted? No!'
jemima

Post by jemima » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:50 pm

ah, sense and sensibility, of course!!how could i not put two and two together?!!hes lovely in that, ah, im gong to have to watch that film again now :D
we should start a list of yummyness to track all our favs!! :lol:
jemima
how come you bother with my heart at all
jemima

Post by jemima » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:26 am

ok,have just listened to "because of"and it made em think of this link.you know its true!!sooo true,im glad that he already knows of our affections :D :lol:
jemima
misha

Post by misha » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:52 am

leonard is defos yummy and on Dear Rebecca his voice is just toe curling sexy!!! Alan Rickman is also nice as is David Bowie - those eyes just do it

I am sipping wine and listening to leonard right now
And we're still making love in my secret life
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:00 am

Hi Misha ~

Perhaps, your wine sips are why you attributed the song[?]/the album[?] as being a tribute to Ms. DeMornay :wink: ?

~ Lizzy
catherine

Post by catherine » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:40 pm

Toe curling sexy.... :D

Yeah,it's a great album, I think it's definitely the greatest (maybe, possibly).

I've moved house but everything's still the same, Leonard is with me everywhere.

Catherine.
jemima

Post by jemima » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:10 pm

ok ladies(and gents!)here is my top five list of yummyness(in no particular order)
leonard cohen(obviously!)al pacino,marlon brando(back in the days of the wild one and streetcar, mmmm...)colin firth (aka mr darcy, swoon)jeff buckley(had to throw in a young one,he was sooo good looking,it should be illigal,thankfully it isnt though!)in sixth place was robert de niro in "heat", but you know,sixth aint too bad, i guess!!
so,what you think?anyone missing and i should be ashamed of missing them off?!!or what your list made of?!!
jemima

Return to “News”