Still Sexy at almost 70

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Natalie

Still Sexy at almost 70

Post by Natalie » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:36 am

Hello,

I was just on the site devoted to "Dear Heather," and was really impressed. I was struck, in particular, by a photo that Lorca took of her father. What a great picture! Leonard's pose without posing, and the monitor showing a picture of him, obviously taken at a photo shoot is such a great juxtaposition of persona. Awesome!!!!!! And I must say that he is looking quite excellent.

On a completely different note, I e-mailed McClelland & Stewart today, on behalf of a client who is inquiring about whether or not she has rights to her book. Leonard is featured on this site, as M & S published BEAUTIFUL LOSERS and STRANGER MUSIC. Leonard's bio is grossly outdated, with "The Future" being listed as his last album. In my rights inquiry, I added a P.S. about Leonard's bio.

I received a response within a half an hour. I got the rights issue sort of answered, but my complaint about the bio was not even mentioned.

So, I ask this of you, devoted fans, write to McClelland & Stewart and demand that they update their files!

Cheers,

Natalie :roll:
smile

Post by smile » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:31 pm

Goes without saying not keen on beards though......... but still has the mmmmmm factor. :wink:
Life is love so treasure every day.........
jemima

Post by jemima » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:23 pm

ok, im 18, and find leonard very attractive! :oops: not that i go for older men, but him and al pacino are both very yummy. i think it also has somthing to do with the fact that they are both so talented,and yeah, im embarrsed now, so im going to go and hide!
please forgive me if anyone thinks that i have lowered the tone. but im 18, thats what we do!
jemima
how come you bother with my heart at all
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:55 pm

Hi Jemima ~

:lol: So, that's what you 18-year-olds do, lower the tone :lol: ? Well, guess what, Jemima ~ you've raised the tone for any number of talented, 'older' [and to an 18-year-old, the age for that is quite relative] men out there reading this Forum [and, trust me, there are a number of them]. "Yummy" ~ :wink: Great word for an older man to be reading about himself 8) :D . You've definitely scored some points with that one :D .

Welcome to the Forum, dear one :D .

~ Lizzy
jemima

Post by jemima » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:02 pm

heehee! thanks for the warm welcome, im just glad to be here, and im sure every one here is yummy :wink:
jemima
Midnight

Post by Midnight » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:47 am

Jemima...well, I'm sure Leonard is "yummy" in the abstract. We are all yummy in theory. Reality is another thing.
jemima

Post by jemima » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:46 pm

well, obviously what i really ment was that i think he is talented, gifted with a golden voice,a moving poet,our very own "field commander" ect, but i just assumed that yummy pretty much conveyed those aspects! :lol:
and indeed,we are yummyin reality,in our own special ways :D
jemima
(though i dont think we could ever be as yummy as leonard!)
songbird

Post by songbird » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:25 pm

Hey, if Leonard was around here in NJ I think I may take a fancy to dating him. Lol! Unfortunatley I doubt he wants to date who was born after his Field Commander Cohen tour...Oh well, what's it we college girls say, they are always taken or gay or I guess in this case 70 years lol. Still, I don't think he looks too bad looking.
You know I don't think I got any sleep this weekend...maybe I should....
I loved you for your beauty that doesn't make a fool of me,
You were in it for your beauty too.

While pursueing your dreams, confront your nightmares.

People hold on to the past, because they are afraid of the future.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:55 am

I couldn't agree with you more Songbird. Leonard is the only 'celebrity' that well...never mind.
Benedicta

Post by Benedicta » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:56 pm

Read a little quote of Leonard's just the other day"I am an old scholar now, better looking than when I was young.That's what sitting on your ass does to your face."One of those typical self-deprecating lines that makes him so,so......oh, you know what I mean!
jeannieb

Post by jeannieb » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:40 am

Hey Jemima,

Love your name, and love this thread!

The mind is by far the most powerful sexual tool we have, and Leo's is stellar, by any measure. I absolutely agree that yummy is a wonderfully descriptive word. I love the beard, too.

By the way Leonard is signing himself Leo these days. Is this a new wrinkle?

We have to amuse ourselves somehow between now and October 25! :mrgreen:
"...and for something like a second, I was cured, and my heart was at ease."
jemima

Post by jemima » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:50 pm

:D i know!i cant wait till 25th of october.im going straight from work to get it.i think you can hear some songs on the web,but i want to wait till i get the cd and play it through in one go.im soo excited!eh hum,yes well,im glad that your in agreeance with me on the beard,and the general yummyness of "leo" *girly giggle* :oops:
jemima
ps:thanks for the kind comment on my name :D
mamalex

Post by mamalex » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:58 am

i dig the beard-but i miss the bald!
missbrodie04

Post by missbrodie04 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:39 pm

Hi Jemima,

I'm 29 and still do my best to 'lower the tone' wherever possible....

On the notion of yummy (yes, excellent word!) older men with golden voices - Alan Rickman, anyone?

Miss Brodie
'Are we downhearted? No!'
jemima

Post by jemima » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:18 pm

hey,glad to hear it miss brodie!!
and yes, i think alan rick man does have a certian golden voice about him, ive only seen him in "love actually", and i wasnt very impressed with the film in general, any other stuff youve seen him in and liked?
now,i know this is going to show my age, so sorry to any one who might me offended by this,but for me,older men certainly dont get much better than colin firth!!mmmmm.ok so he may not be that old really,but he definately has the yummy factor.anyone who doubts needs to watch bbc pride and prejudice pronto!!
:wink: jemima

Return to “News”