"Intensity", chapbook about Daphne Richardson

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

"Intensity", chapbook about Daphne Richardson

Post by jarkko »

I am pleased to announce the release of a new chapbook from Sore Dove Press (www.soredove.com) titled INTENSITY. The chapbook is a short story about Daphne Richardson of Live Songs backcover fame. The story by Soheyl Dahi attempts to give voice to Daphne and what she may have felt prior to her tragic suicide. The introduction to the chapbook was written by Ira Nadel and a biographical essay about Daphne by Robert Humphrey brings the chapbook to a close. Humphrey, through extensive reserach has unearthed previously unknown facts about Daphne. Detailed information about her family, her brother, her upbringing etc. will provide a clearer picture of this mysterious woman.

The cover shows an Olivetti, Lettera 22 in olive-green, identical to Leonard Cohen's typewriter - Not to be confused with the actual typwriter of Mr. Cohen that has not surfaced yet!

There are 3 editions of the chapbook:

20% discount will be provided to anyone that mentions leonardcohenfiles site.

-Regular Edition: $12.00
-Signed Lettered Edition with an original painting tipped-in: $45.00
-Handmade Hardcover Edition limited to 12 copies (under production): $100.00

For more information how to purchase a copy email: sdahi54@gmail.com

Soheyl Dahi
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: "Intensity", chapbook about Daphne Richardson

Post by jarkko »

Some more pictures:

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
neo

Post by neo »

A very nice little book. I hope someday there will be some more texts & drawings by Daphne Richardson published.
What sad religions they want us to believe.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I agree with neo, I'd like to see something more from her, maybe the piece mention in therad about her in Collector's Corner.

Nice little book, thanks, Soheyl:)
neo

Post by neo »

I really hope that somebody will track down more drawings and manuscripts by her. I think the Cohen connection could also help to get a publisher interested... but I'm sure that the artworks will also be interesting in their own right.
What sad religions they want us to believe.

Return to “News”