Message of good Wishes

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Susy

Message of good Wishes

Postby Susy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:24 pm

We hope that you will soon be on the way to recovery !

All the Best with Love and Respect , Susanne and Pauli with his most
beautiful Tshirt ( keep you in my heart and on my shirt ) ALWAYS :)
Attachments
IMG_0353_komp.jpg
Susy
Inna

Re: Message of good Wishes

Postby Inna » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Dear Leonard

Get better as soon as possible.

Refuah Sh'lema
רפואה שלמה

Sincerely,
Inna.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
howthelightgetsin

Postby howthelightgetsin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Hope your back improves soon Len.

Best wishes,

Aymi :) x
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
GinaDCG

Postby GinaDCG » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Hope you have a PT as good as mine. Mine is one I love to hate, or is it hate to love? Whichever. I got better.
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Postby carlowmike » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:34 pm

From Carlow, Ireland,
Best Wishes Leonard for a swift and complete recovery,
looking forward to seeing you later this year.
Try to take some Cod Liver Oil .
In Ireland we would be recommending a rub of "Poteen" ( Irish Moonshine)
on the affected area...never fails.
if you require some let me know , will deliver,
:) .....mick.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
phillip

Postby phillip » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 am

Get well soon Leonard you are the best hope to see you again in UK good luck for the rest of the tour

regards

phillip:)
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
majmunka

Postby majmunka » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 am

Dear Leonard,

get better soon, relax and enjoy some good backrub.
See you in Bratislava, Zagreb and Katowice (or hopefully more).

With Love,
Majmunka
pe swijngedouw

Postby pe swijngedouw » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:37 am

dear leonard

get well soon,

i was going to invite you to come and join me at work, just to re-source before starting on a new tour, so i left one side of the path for you ; but the way things are now, i thought i'd better finish it myself.

pe
kerkhof2010002400.jpg
kerkhof2010002400.jpg (118.33 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
kerkhof2010006400.jpg
kerkhof2010006400.jpg (128.79 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
... precisely ...
seadove

Postby seadove » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:41 am

Hello Leonard. :D

Remember me? I was that little speck of being that sat at section 14 in your Tel Aviv gig. I was sitting with my wife serenading her all your beautiful songs to her when this guy sitting next to me asked me to quiten it down since he wants to only hear you singing. Is it my fault that I love your music so much? Really, man, I think there ought to be a law against people not singing loudly in your gigs. For one thing it frees the soul and for another it makes you feel younger.

I am sorry to hear about your injury. I remember at the gig, a second before you left us, you blessed the whole audience. Did you notice that it was accepted as if it was an understood thing? For me that was the most memorable moment and it's still clinging to me.

I don't know if you will ever read my message, and it would be downright impertinant of me to force you to, but I am now doing the blessing upon you. May you be healthy and fit for the rest of your life. May you smile every day as you wake up, like how we smile, knowing that within a few minutes we will be in our cars listening to your songs. May the sun shine upon you. You are a special person. We all know it and I wish that you know it as well.

G-d bless you.

Aron
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Postby carlowmike » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Remember me? I was that little speck of being that sat at section 14 in your Tel Aviv gig. I was sitting with my wife serenading her all your beautiful songs to her when this guy sitting next to me asked me to quiten it down since he wants to only hear you singing.
I know this thread is "Get Well Soon and Best Wishes to Leonard " but I have to jump in and
say that there is little more upsetting than buying tickets to L.C. concert and travelling hundreds of miles,
booking into a hotel for a couple of nights then going to the Concert and hearing
someone else sitting within earshot attempting to sing Leonard's songs .. :cry:
a personal nightmare for me .... :(
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
seadove

Postby seadove » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:39 pm

carlowmike wrote:
Remember me? I was that little speck of being that sat at section 14 in your Tel Aviv gig. I was sitting with my wife serenading her all your beautiful songs to her when this guy sitting next to me asked me to quiten it down since he wants to only hear you singing.
I know this thread is "Get Well Soon and Best Wishes to Leonard " but I have to jump in and
say that there is little more upsetting than buying tickets to L.C. concert and travelling hundreds of miles,
booking into a hotel for a couple of nights then going to the Concert and hearing
someone else sitting within earshot attempting to sing Leonard's songs .. :cry:
a personal nightmare for me .... :(

Sorry. :( I always get carried away with Leonard's songs. :(

Will somebody please forgive me?
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:34 pm

seadove wrote: Sorry. :( I always get carried away with Leonard's songs. :(
Will somebody please forgive me?
It is touching that you were serenading your wife. Lip synching might be a good alternative, although even that is a dicey options - other audience members might think you were actually singing out loud :roll: :lol: And since you asked so nicely, I forgive you at my end - just don't sit next to me at a concert :razz: :lol:

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Mollydog

Postby Mollydog » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Please take good care of yourself, Leonard. Get lots of rest and remember to bend your knees when you lift anything!

Sending you healing thoughts.

Much love,

Mary
healing thoughts.jpg
healing thoughts.jpg (23.24 KiB) Viewed 1968 times
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
remote1

Postby remote1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:39 am

oneofthosethree wrote:pe swijngedouw
Most strange and definitely disconcerting if not to say in questionable taste.
My feeling is that it's the kind of humour Leonard likes... :)
"We are so lightly here"
pe swijngedouw

Postby pe swijngedouw » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:13 am

oneofthosethree,

i did not mean to offend anyone, just tried to show how i dealt with the tension of not knowing what was going on with Leonard and the tour and my tickets etc. ...
keeping clean a graveyard is a humble job, but it's giving me a lot of satisfaction, to try to do it in a way that people can see my deepest respect for the dead (as well as the living) ; removing fallen leaves and "drawing lines" in the sand is not only a physical way of cleanig, but it also is a way of making your mind empty, your spirit free : some sort of meditation, that is probably not unfamiliar to Leonard.
as it became clear that a sore back was the reason for cancelling the tour, i hurried to withdraw the invitation to come help me at work, to avoid more pain to his back, as i know very well that gardening is not a very good job for people with problems of the back.

so, again : take your time to get well, dear leonard, hope to see you again in lille (and marseille ?)

yours respectfully,

pe
... precisely ...

Return to “News”